Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Mini

Not owned both so couldn’t comment perhaps someone who has?

Q-1 are safety sensors better on one than other?

Q-2 is one more stable than other in slightly higher winds

Owners of both answers on a post card please :grin:

That’s actually contradictory to what I have said … surely?

I think it’s referred to as ‘informed choice’ and what better than the ‘voice of experience’ :hugs:

2 Likes

It’s a similar choice to the one you had when you bought the Pro over the standard :wink:

1 Like

All valid points!!!

1 Like

As I said easy to be drawn into BBFS Commercial world lives off it :thinking: :grin:

And like all good tradesmen know, it’s not the 2 inch nail but the quality of the hammer that matters.

This Thread has picked up quite a pace it’s easy to miss something

Guys I only asked advice let’s not start a war lol

1 Like

Not heard that expression before is that from your past profession? Joiner/Carpenter/Cabinet maker/Boatbuilder

Or is that a locally often used expression?

P.S 40 years in the Construction industry All over the Country including Scotland @ Wales (never got to NI Sorry timing wasn’t right)

I must say the passion on here is admirable

1 Like

We’ve all caught it!

1 Like

I had a Phantom P3SE prior to the Air

1 Like

Pretty much decided on mini…

2 Likes

Enjoyed that Thanks Have to say I had a sneaky feeling I knew which he favoured not long into the Add :laughing:

I must say I wondered after I bought the MA had I missed something by not going for the Mini I’ve not seen or heard anything to make me regret my purchase

As a side note you guys with the Mini

Q-1 does it do Slow-Mo footage?
Q-2 Does it have gesture control?

He didn’t mention these features

1 Like

https://youtu.be/e0fCS3nWx4w

1 Like

I have an Air a mini and a mavic 2
out of the air and the mini would def go for the air get more use out of it in this windy place and the camera is great look at some of the pics
Photographic Order of Merit Gallery Brians Air pics top notch

3 Likes

Great for
families/friends wanting unusual group shots
Those who are internet bloggers
To name just a few

Or sad old lonely Gits like me who wants a distance selfie photo

I think I’m going to be the turd in the punch bowl by saying this :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Like many many forums on this subject matter, this one is very DJI centric. Hardly surprising as DJI are the most prevalent manufacturer in this industry, but that doesn’t always mean the most satisfying one to pledge allegiance to. At one time I pondered the Mavic Air but instead I went with the Parrot Anafi. In fact I went with the Anafi twice and in no way have I regretted it. I’d previously had issues with DJI, especially the cack handed noflyzone cr@p. The Anafi has no flight restrictions which is good as I’m a sensible(ish) grownup and can tell right from wrong.

Things I like about the Anafi:

It’s incredibly quiet.
The camera and optics are superb.
Very portable.
Very agile.
Incredibly stable, even in adverse conditions.
The zoom, even though digital, is very useful, as is the 180degree vertical camera movement.
I’ve not had any range issues but then again both my Anafi’s are permanently in FCC mode.

I’m mentioning all this as DJI are not the only game in town and currently the Anafi falls in between the price of a Mini and an Air.

With that I’ll flush the bowl.

Nidge.

7 Likes

But the question was … Air or Mini. :joy:

2 Likes