Mavic Air Spotlight Mode

Anyone have experience of this?

It seems to hang at a fixed point in the sky and track a suject via yaw and camera pitch.
Is there anyway to move the drone,the directional control seems defunct.

Thanks y’all

I have a MA but never heard of that mode before …however, a quick Google shows me this:

SORTED: Mavic Air Spotlight mode | DJI FORUM and quoting from the original questioner:>

I’ve sussed it! I’m using DJI GO4 ver 4.2.20 in iOS which includes the introduction (from 4.2.16) of Activetrack speed control. When you select Activetrack, but before you select Spotlight, a slider appears which allows you choose whether you want more speed, or bias it towards Obstacle Avoidance. Mine was set to the later! Adjusted it for more speed and it now works… and it’s brilliant!

No idea if that helps you but hopefully it will :slight_smile:

Sussed it,its a great mode once you get the hang of it!

1 Like

Can you explain it for a newbie to active track cos I don’t understand it nor this slider refereed to above? Thx

What i have learned so far:

The drones camera stays centred on the selected subject,yaw is disabled as is camera pitch.

Directional control on the right stick is available,it makes for some cool shots.

Only thing puzzling me at the moment is that sometimes forward means toward the subject but at other times forward may go right or left,still working this bit out-hope that helps