DJI Mavic Mini (Fly As You Are)

UPDATE: Mid-topic poll - See post # 49

Looks like the DJI Mavic Mini may finally get to be a reality.

This FCC filing made by DJI last week reveals quite a bit:

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT1SS51905

Most interesting perhaps, is the ‘Available Assets’ section which shows us a FCC Label ID.

Importantly, are the words Mavic Mini emblazoned across the top, and a sneak peak at the location the label will be placed.

Anyone else got anything concrete on this one?

I’ve not checked the new Argos catalog :rofl:

2 Likes

Possible dimensions? (from the same filing)

1 Like

If this was occusyc .would definitely be interested in getting one…

They could call it a Mavic air with Ocusynic . They are getting just like Apple . Same thing different name . Learn with what you have and understand everything about it until you have learnt the shit out of it, and it know longer does what you want …
People just discard what they have to get the next new thing when they know nothing really about the thing they just upgraded from …

2 Likes

Defo would not replace my mp2 or evo! but may be nice to keep in the car,just in case of shot that,s to good to miss !!!:+1::+1::wink:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, ideal to keep in your pocket for those ad-hoc winter golden hour shots!

I kept eyeing up the Mavic Air kit that Carl had for sale for the same portability reasons, but if this Mini is even smaller still, well, my hand may be forced…

1 Like

A Chinese guy, who’s usually pretty spot on with his DJI espionage, tweeted the other day “Time to sell your Sparks”. :wink:

Occusync-2 … and compatible with the Smart Controller? Yup - that would make sense.

Yep,do not think it will be that expensive so might well be tempted,talking of which ,i have heard some “rumours” flying about that there may soon be an mp3,with better camera then the phantom…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:+1: :rofl:

2 Likes

So,i guess we will see an mp 3,and later an mp4,then ,as with phantom series,a new name and model??
:wink::wink:
safe_image

The upside to this is people like me (Barely two Shillings to rub together) can get their throwaway tech.

Example:
DJI Phantom 1, boxed with all accessories - £30
Walkera G-3D gimbal with 1080p@30fps and FPV Camera - £25

Small modification to the battery hatch to take 4000mAh LiPo (~18mins of flight time).

I’m a strong believer in recycling.

Nidge.

3 Likes

Seeing a few ‘details confirmed’ emails oh YouTube saying it will have a 30-minute battery, and 3-axis gimbal. No 4k video, but might be tempted if it does turn out to be the 245g that’s rumoured… though will have to watch the weight of any added bits & bobs. 5g isn’t a lot to play with. :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

DJI “Fly as you are” event, 30th October 2019

Could this be the announcement of the Mavic Mini? :thinking:

1 Like

Or jet pack trainers

:thinking: From that image it could be anything “with wings”. :rofl:

Do you know when the M3 is likely to be released

“ALLEGEDLY” at the end of JAN 2020,but remember this is just speculation,and personally i dont think it will,for at least another year,but i could be wrong,though the mavic mini seems to be on track…:wink::wink:

Oh ok let’s just wait and see then what are the specs on the mavic mini?

1 Like

These are the reported specs for the MAVIC MINI

Aircraft
Takeoff Weight 245 g
Dimension 140x140x53mm
Diagonal Distance (propellers excluded) 170mm
Max Ascent Speed 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s) in Sport Mode without wind)
Max Descent Speed 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s) in Auto Landing Mode
Max Speed 31 mph (50 kph) in Sport Mode without wind
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 13,123 feet (4,000 m)
Max Flight Time 18 minutes (no wind at a consistent 12.4 mph (20 kph)
Max Hovering Time 17 minutes (no wind)
Operating Temperature Range 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
Satellite Positioning Systems GPS/GLOSNASS
Hovering Accuracy Range Vertical +/- 0.1m (when Vision Positioning is active or … Horizontal +/- 0.3m (when Vision Positioning is active or +/1 1.5m
Transmitter Power (EIRP) 2.4 GHz … and 5.8 GHz …
Operating Frequency 2.400 – 2.483 GHz; 5.725 – 5.825 GHz
GIMBAL
Controllable Range Pitch –85° to 0°
Stabilization 3-axis mechanical (pitch, roll, yaw)
3D SENSING SYSTEM
Obstacle Sensing Range 1–16ft (0.2–5m)
Operating Environment Surface should be larger than 20x20cm and able diffuse reflection, with reflection rate >20%(eg. Wall, tree, people
VISION POSITIONING SYSTEM
Velocity Range ≤22.4 mph (36 kph) at 6.6 ft (2 m) above ground
Altitude Range 0–26 ft (0–8 m)
Operating Range 0–98 ft (0–30 m)
Operating Environment Surface with clear patterns, enables diffuse reflection with >20% reflection rate. Adequate lighting (lux>15)

WILL BUY ONE,IF THESE SPECS ARE ACCURATE !! Expected price $ 399.00 including a controller…:wink::wink: