DJI Fly App phone and tablet compatibility

I might see if i can use the 10" tablet somehow just to make sure the drone picks up gps etc after calibration then unplug and fly just with controller and see if there are updates as yopu suggest.

1 Like

Did you buy the A3 new or used?

Just wondering as there is a 2015 and 2017 model.

2015 model probably not up to the job but I’d have thought 2017 would be.

Hi callum

I think it is probably the earlier version…I have just orders an Honor 9 which is on the comparable list… I ain’t messing around anymore…it’s for the drone so worth the money right!

1 Like

@PaulF
Having had minor issues on my Galaxy S7 for the first two flights, I went out this morning to get a recommended micro USB card. I went for a 32gb, SanDisk Extreme and it all works without probs now. What I’m saying is, it may not be the mobile…could be wrong though as I’m a total newbie!!

I bought an Honor 9 listed on the compatible phone list and it works a treat, I definitely think it was down to previous phone being cheap and nasty with crap processing capability.

Pleased you got it sorted @PaulF
Are you alright doing helix and circle with your MM?

I actually tried them just one a couple of days ago. I like the Helix, the circle is pretty good too, not sure the dronie does anything I couldn’t do manually though. Not trying to be to ambitious at the moment, concentrating on getting the muscle memory in my hands to make sure I can fly Mini well without having to think about it.

@PaulF Reason I asked was because I haven’t managed any of those yet. The instructional videos are quite annoying, but will try again this afternoon!! Have got any video clips to have a look at?

I only did the quickshots focusing on a bench so I didnt keep the vids @Sundowner

I found it quite easy to do them, one in the air and in position press the quickshot you want and it should ask you to draw a box around the subject, do this then press start.
DJI Mavic Mini QuickShot Circle Tutorial & Flight Test - YouTube try this vid from Youtube

Thanks @PaulF, figured it out this afternoon but had to stop the helix or it would have been in the trees. It was also so foggy up in the heather that I couldn’t see the drone after 25m out. I’ll just keep practising

Hi Ozone
I have a very good phone but i am afraid that it is imcompatible with DJi app. XIAOMI Mi 9T Pro
I have downloaded and installed the app from a link above.
It´s running great but there is no drone yet :slight_smile:
If it is running it means it is OK?
Can i buy the drone and not have a very bad surpise?
Thanks in adavnce
Jorge - Portugal

Hi. Hope you got it working ok. I’m using an iPhone XS Max with no issues.

i have the same issue with my g6 and my mavic mini. phone and controller wont connect. acts like a loose connection, but its not. you connect and the phone vibrates and asks if you want to connect to mavic mini then goes off and disconnects then repeat…whats up ?

I found it on the dji list. Thats why I bought it. I dont have another phone to try.

Tablet ?

Not a compatible one.

What version of Android is it running?, the posts over on DJI’s forum suggest using 9 (Pie)

It looks like there is a workaround turning off USB debugging, I’m an apple user though so I’m clutching at google straws here

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the Samsung A41 and A51 phones are compatible with DJI Mini 2s. I’ve checked on Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help
where the 41 isn’t mentioned and the 51 gets no real rating?
(End of contract forces me to look for a new Tesco phone.)

Neither seem to be on the list of compatible devices ;o(

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Android V 1.2.0

Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S6,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,HUAWEI nova 2,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,MI10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 5,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xpeial 1

1 Like