Mavic Mini - FCC vs CE and two different models šŸ¤”

does the mavic mini switch between ce and fcc modes depending on location? need to know as it will be the deciding factor as to if i buy from America or the UKā€¦CHEERS for info if anyone knows the answer to thisā€¦:+1::+1::+1::wink:

Moved your post over to the pre-existing thread on the topic.

Hopefully the above answers your question ā€¦ although, being totally new thereā€™s a possibility nobody is fully certain as yet.

Flew a bit further out today, still windy so until I know itā€™s limits I donā€™t want to push my luck.

Anyway 570ft out and despite its tiny size and no strobons fitted, it was still quite visible in sky.

What impressed me though, was the signal strength.

Flawless, is probably the only word I could use. And considering I flew it down a WiFi corridor of housing estates, even my MP has interference issues on the same trip.

3 Likes

Similar flight, with the MP, check out the difference:

2 Likes

@PingSpike Wondering if you got this message when first firing up the mini? I get this on the 2 Pro when travelling to the US and then back again. This looks like an internal amendment of the transmission power, so Iā€™m wondering if there really are two separate modelsā€¦?

4 Likes

@ianinlondon Yes mate, I got the exact same message the first time I powered it up. Iā€™ve not seen it since (but then Iā€™ve not changed region).

Moved your post over to this thread on Mavic Mini FCC too - see first post and Iā€™m now 100% sure there is only one hardware chipset and that theyā€™re handling this through firmware, which DJI have always done anyway :+1:t2:

Anyone on Android tried that GPS faker app (the name of which escapes me currently) to see if it bumps you up to FCC?

1 Like

@PingSpike How are you producing the percentage uplink and downlink table above? I did do a long range test today; this woudl be great to see how it fairedā€¦
Ian

ā€œFake GPSā€ is one of them.

Cheers Dave, I might give that a go just to see what it does :+1:t2:

Theyā€™re screen shots from AirData logs mate. I noticed here though that the Mavic Pro lists uplink separately from downlink whereas the Mini only lists a single value. Level of Ocusync detail vs wifi I guess? :man_shrugging:

This does not surprise me,given that DJI do this on most of there drones,at least now,IF i buy one i wont have to go the USA routeā€¦:+1::+1:

Taā€¦ Iā€™ll take a look; will make my 1000m range test more meaningful :slight_smile:

Hi!
I am sorry for my English.
FCC and CE version has hardware difference (not Firmware). American friends public high quality photo of RF module in drone. See link: FCC vs CE
Can you help to Me and You to find high quality photo and model number of RF amplify chips in CE version?

Joystick mock location worked for me and my return to home function still returned the drone to my actual location.