Mavic Mini Latest Software Update

Hi all what’s the score with latest update and the error motor heating overload and the best way to sort it. Thank you

Did a few flights now with no issues. In fact, the mini seems a hell of a lot mir stable.

1 Like

Not heard anyone report this issue Irvine, not here or on any other forum.

How long in to each flight before the error occurs?

I’ve heard the motor error doesn’t occur on updated UK drones???

I downloaded the updated firmware. On the first flight I got a motor warning. I was a bit suspicious and read a few posts which recommended refreshing the firmware via dji assistant. I did all this and had the same error with the same motor.
Consequently I did what the error said and and swapped the props on that motor despite them looking ok visually. Hopefully this will rectify the problem. The mini had performed faultlessly in the 2 months I’ve had it up until the firmware update.
David

1 Like

Having swapped the props I have had no further error messages. I can only assume the new firmware is able to better detect a damaged prop set on a specific motor early on and warn you to change them out. One thing that could have contributed to the issue is the folding of the (particularly) lower rear props into the fly more case for storage. There is a diagram in the case to show how to properly store these props in the case. I admit that I hadn’t been too careful with this and that could be the cause of the problem.
A simple thing to know but seems to make an important difference.

1 Like

Interesting :thinking:

And good to know too.

Thanks for sharing your experiences @Davalan1 :+1:t2:

@james6belgravia any updates/news?