Mavic Mini signal drops at 200m out

I’m using an opensource device called a HackRF One. The specification is 1MHz to 6GHz but it will work above and below with reduced performance. I know some have used it successfully up to 10GHz. The neat thing about it is it will both receive and transmit in that frequency range. Using the GNURADIO suite in Linux I’ve configured it to be a UHF digital transceiver, HF Morse Transceiver, control a Hubsan X4, I’ve even used it to crack my car’s security system, which is a bit naughty but it was my car.

For Windows I use a program called SDR Sharp (SDR#) and for the above spectral plots is a simple program called HackRF Sweep. There are also a number of utilities on Android also which will connect via an OTG.

Nidge.

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Think I’ve got an unused picoscope 3000 USB scope kicking about somewhere if it’s any good to you.

I’ll go try find it.

2 Likes

Sound. Let me know how much :+1:

1 Like

Sorry mate, no idea where its went.

Box I thought was it turned out to be a 3ch CT data logger.

1 Like

105m altitude? Quite high for a mini on a slightly breezy day.

I think that’s the purpose of the mini as well (with realist head on)

3 Likes

I’d go as far as to say it’s the main purpose of the majority of consumer drones. Just as anyone can make a car go very fast, anyone can push the distance of a drone, you just pitch forward and keep pitching forward. It’s what you do and how you cope when something untoward confronts you that determines success or fail.

Nidge.

1 Like

Lol :joy: has