Mavic Mini -Summer in Southend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOk5KQxHXzY&t=96s

2 Likes

I enjoyed that, the music goes well with the pace. Is that a pier, a bridge or a pipeline in the distance during the opening climb?

Glad you enjoyed it, yes that is Southend Pier. There’s another one of my video’s on here that shows more of it. I think I called it Southend in Lockdown :slight_smile:

Did you have to get clearance to fly near the beach?

I’ve not watched the video so hopefully this is the right “Southend”.

Mind the FRZs:

Now looks like this on my app :pensive:

That’s because you have the Class D airspace layer turned on.

2 Likes

Yes. I applied to Southend Air Traffic control. There was quite a bit of paperwork but all pretty straightforward so long as a) your drone is registered with the CAA and b) you have 3rd party liability insurance. Both together these cost me about ÂŁ30.

1 Like

This is the video, right at the sea edge of the big red NFZ

https://youtu.be/s7ptUPVb28c

Authorized :slight_smile:

Tidied up your post , make sure the YouTube link is in a clear line of it’s own in your post

2 Likes

Thanks,
Sorry I am quite new but learning :slight_smile: Love the support you get here :+1:

1 Like

Cool, was thinking of contacting to fly in the Class D airspace this week. May have left it a bit too late though

There is no one to contact for flying in Class D airspace.

Class D Airspace

• There are no separate regulations in place regarding the flight of small unmanned aircraft in controlled airspace below 400 ft (Class A,B,C,D,E)
  • UAS pilots are reminded of all other responsibilities, including the Air Navigation Order requirements, that any person in charge of a small UAS:
    – may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made and;
    – must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft for the purpose of avoiding collisions
    – More information: Airspace restrictions for unmanned aircraft and drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority
1 Like

I know you don’t have to but as it’s controlled, I’d rather do it to be on the safe side

Who are you going to contact?

2 Likes

“Who ya gonna call? Class-D Busters!”

1 Like