Mavic Pro Battery - Over Voltage Repair (third LED flashing)

Great idea,must be SOMETHING near the size… surely the actual cells themselves must pretty generic?? :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hobby Mounts : “Hi Dave, it’s unlikely we’ll be restocking these I’m afraid.”

The damn things aren’t even 4 years old yet?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Looking for the closest to dimensions to fit into the bay, otherwise it’s just like any other Lipo.

1 Like

had a goggle and the only batteries that would fit are low capacity, requiring 2 in parallel which will cost as much as the none DJI anyway.

The long winded way is to 3D print a upper case to take a longer battery 100mm+… :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s alive again, having removed the circuit board to save it from destruction I decided to have another look. All the cells were ok other than one which was reading 3.79 v 3.68 off the other two.

I discharged the cell down to 3.68 then hooked it to the balance charger at 0.1A to test. There’re no alarms from the charger so I’ll up the balance current to .9A and see.

2 Likes

“Johnny Five is ALIVE!” - see what I did there?

1 Like

Love it…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I loved that film … “Short Circuit” … as in thread title.

1 Like

Confession time, I miss-read the LED code, it’s not a short circuit, it’s over voltage detected. As I didn’t find a short I opened the manual as we all do after the fact…:blush:

Mods please change the heading to “over voltage repair” or something like it🙏

1 Like

We do too, watched it again a couple of months ago on Netflix…

1 Like

Thread title updated. :+1:

@OzoneVibe thanks

1 Like

Also do not forget short circuit 2!!! :+1: :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Loved that too … but the first was the better one, IMO.

1 Like

Yep,have to agree with you there :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Also the big kid in me loves these films,as well as short circuit ,they are,D.A.R.Y.L ,Batteries not included,flight of the navigator… watched all these many times over!!! OK,that is that on this thread,do not want to hijack this thread by going off topic!!!sorry :grimacing: :grimacing: :+1: :+1: Maybe i should start a thread of what are your favourite top 5 films!!!

2 Likes

very usefull info there,hope it all balances out for you,certainly does not look like there were ang bloated cells… :+1: :+1: :+1:

Final charge cell voltage…

Reassembling, making sure all naked metal is insulated.

2 Likes

Nicely recovered @Njoro :+1:t2:

I recovered the cell which are now perfectly balanced to each other but the eprom rememberers the error and won’t power up.

I need a new board or someone with eprom flasher, flashing module cost more than the battery.

Anyone with a swollen battery they don’t want, I can have the board?