Mavic pro mechanic

Afternoon all. Had an incident whereby the gimbal has come away from it’s mount. Ribbon is fine and camera feed good with no obvious signs camera itself is damaged. Anyone in the Cardiff area have experience of repair please? I’ve ordered new mount which arrives Tuesday, and watched a couple of vids. Not feeling hugely confident for repair.

1 Like

It may look fine - but they can look fine and be damaged.

In my experience, ordering a spare ribbon cable, in case, is a small investment to avoid yet another wait.

I don’t know which vids you watched, but this is the one that got me through it OK.

This thread might be worth scanning through, too : Dismantling the MP Gimbal Mount ... and Gimbal! - a few of the pitfalls there, that you can avoid if you know in advance.

Should you need to replace the ribbon, this is the vid I followed, by the same person.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely check those vids out. I’ll let you know how I get on. Waiting for my precision screwdriver set to arrive :smiley:

1 Like

Those Fixa-crash vids are really good. Thanks they’re ones I used.

1 Like

I found them good.

So many repair vids are by clumsy, sausage fingered, youtubers - rather than pro repair people. They end up with so many clumsy bits being edited out you lose track of what’s really happening.

1 Like

I saw some terrible ones. Some a bit like me didn’t have a glue what they were doing yet posted them on YouTube :astonished: Now, however I certainly know a lot more than I did last week having tried to get it all working, twice! I’m going to try again with your advice this Evening. Sincerely thank you.

1 Like

It’s worth sticking at it. It will all come good. And you will have saved a shit load of £££ compared to having a repair shop do it.
But one does start to appreciate WHY they charge so much, just for the labour bit. It is a damned fiddle. LOL!

1 Like

Will stick with it. I’ve just had a proper toolkit delivered now with plastic pry tools and precision tweezers etc.

1 Like