Meet up in Cannock Chase 01/12/19

Meeting Gary tomorrow Sunday 1/12/2019 weather permitting anyone else that knows the visitor centre are welcome to attend, meeting approx 10.30am but again weather permitting :grin::+1::+1:

2 Likes

copy of post from ‘introductions’ section to @notveryprettyboy

I was thinking of joining the gang at Cannock Chase, about 3/4hour from Nuneaton.
Would that work for you?

@Proteous @andy_bee_1 @PJS1962 @Sunseeker @anon34183503 @Matty1 all invited :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it here?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the place :+1:
see you tomorrow

2 Likes

Definitely buddy :grin::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ll be parked roughly where the blue cannock chase sign is :grin::grin::+1:

Right. Better get the car battery in to warm up, or she’ll not start tomorrow!

2 Likes

I’ll be parked here :grin::+1:

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes

Looking good, my grandson had to abandon his car last night froze up so put battery on charge all today so gotta go and sort that out first thing, so looking at 11:00 / 11:30am. see you tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

David. Do you want me to stick this on FB in case more people want to come?

2 Likes

Can do buddy, I’m still a novice at it well I’m bloody old really and a technophobe :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve logged flight time with NATS on Drone Assist so they know we’ll be flying for at least 2 hours from 10.30am

3 Likes

Fancy!

1 Like

Just like to point out that back in February I had an email from The Forestry Commission instructing me that Drone flying over Cannock Chase is not permitted, I challenged this and they said that it was for H&S reasons, well I told them that there is more chance of getting knocked over by a mountain bike than a drone falling out of sky and hitting you on head, since then I have not heard anything and continued to fly since February, however I did found a few locations where it was difficult to find me and where the ranger could not get access in his vehicle, also the side roads like Marquis drive are public so have also flew from that location with out any issues, only once in 9 months have I seen someone else flying at the same time as me. I am mentioning this because being a meet and being a few of us we could get a visit from the ranger who often parks up by the visitor centre, I don’t think we will be breaking any rules by using either the car park or the lay byes to take off so we need to be prepared, the forest itself was once owned by the crown but then taken over by forestry commission but I believe and might be wrong that the public still have right of way. looking forward to our meet enjoy :+1:

3 Likes

It’ll depend what side of the bed he got out of then!

1 Like

I’d have (politely) told them they don’t own that airspace :confused:

Looks like they know you’ll be “testing rth” and “testing drone functions” :blush:

Have a great day guys!! Looks like it’ll be a great meet up :smiley:

4 Likes

Not many visitors this time of year but the mountain bikers come out in force several trails which are very popular and you do have to watch your back.

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll let me follow them…

3 Likes

Good idea might be worth asking and getting them on our side

3 Likes