Military Aircraft Activity - Norfolk

Currently being overflown @Norfolk by two F15s, unusually with their ADSB-Out working. These are associated with another pair of a/c to the north. One is an F15, the other is a drone, likely the septics’ new UTAP-22 UAV, which can either be ground launched or carried under an F15’s wing.

1 Like

I think you will find that the second pair were also F-15s. But, one had a miscoded transponder.
Those on the ground also confirmed that.

Belated thanks. Still, highly unusual to see F15s with their transponders on.

Appreciated, but not if you use PlanePlotter from COAA, which receives their Mode A transponder :slight_smile:

Obviously I’m behind the curve. But AFAIK Plane Plotter is only available for Windoze, and Mode A requires special (£££) privileges, looking at the site, so I guess I’ll just remain in ignorance. :slight_smile:
In any case the distinctive turbine howl of the F15 locates it within about 5 miles of me even when the bastards aren’t at 0 feet on reheat…

PlanePlotter Mobile can be used off windows. As for Mode A. It is another site that restricts their Mode A test to just a chosen few.
However, enough about PP here, as I guess there is enough info on the IO groups PP forum.