Mini 2 attacked by... Fish..!

Flying my Mini 2 over Llyn Padarn Llanberis North Wales hoping to get some footage of my daughter and friends Wild Swimming. I needed to change some settings on the screen. While doing so I inadvertently pushed a stick and sent the Drone into the trees where it dropped into the Lake. It sank and landed on some rocks but kept recording for over 2 mins…! See what happened next…!

8 Likes

Cool video and don’t think I’ve seen underwater mini 2 footage before. How is the bird? Do you have refresh?

It’s still sitting in the Airing cupboard, I might try and fire it up this weekend :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
No refresh but my contents insurance might cover it…

Hi @Mikey357 I’ve edited your post to include the OneBox preview.

To do this just paste the YouTube link into a new line of its own with no spaces etc.

No need to use the insert hyperlink button in the message composer or any embed code, its all done automatically for you if you follow the above.

www.youtube.com/justlikethis

Great video, not for you, but always good to see something new to the forum :wink:

1 Like

Cheers Chris, I wasn’t sure if I was doing it correct :+1:

1 Like

That’s cold! :fish:
Fish attacking a drone when it’s down.
Was it difficult to retrieve?

The girls were swimming close by, one saw were it fell and another dived down to get it. It was an island of trees with no access by foot and all four worked as a team, they were stars. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Were you able to view the live feed while it was in the water?

1 Like

No, as soon as it hit the water I lost the connection, the footage came off the SD Card.

1 Like

Update: I fired up the water baby today, it came on and the gimbal did it’s thing… (deep breath…!) But, it won’t connect to the controller :worried: tried to pair it again but there’s nothing there, It’s like the lights are on but there’s no one home… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Looks like I’ll have to take a hit on the credit card to replace it, but I’ll defo get the Care Refresh this time :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

Reminiscent of the head in the porthole scene in Jaws at the end there. Sorry for your loss.