Mini 2 firmware v01.02.0300 update - JPG quality

My Mini 2 became a bit of a drama queen after the latest firmware update (v01.02.0300) - jpg files come out oversaturated / oversharpened / too much contrast by default:

Just wandering if anyone else noticed a change in quality ?
This affects all modes, single / bracketed etc. RAW still fine as they should be, think DJI changed their JPG post processing algorithms.

That sounds worrying. Is it possible to roll back to previous version?

No

1 Like

@mcdarius is it not just a case of your camera settings having been reset to their defaults when you updated the firmware?

OK then, one thing less to try if this is a widespread problem !

@PingSpike Could be, but I don’t remember changing any image defaults when I bought it.
Anyway, I mainly work with RAW so not a big deal and doesn’t look like it’s a widespread issue so all good.

1 Like

Own a MINI 2?.. Updated the Fly App to 1.4.0… Using an Android phone?

Have you experienced video not looking quite as good as it did before the update…Colour looking washed out, auto exposure, even she flying across a field, with camera looking straight down, changing wildly, despite the lighting being very constant… and worse, have you tried Exposure Lock and realised it’s no longer a simple icon on screen, but you have to assign it to the function button and even after that, there is no indication on screen, that it is locked or unlocked (the iPhone version, allows you to hold you finger on screen, until a box appears and lock exposure that way, but that’s still a bit of a faff in my opinion)

Hopefully they just revert to having the lock icon on the screen, making life so much simpler, as for the videos not quite looking quite right, it could have been me, so will have to do more testing… but yeah, exposure lock is now a real pain and hopefully they will correct that. Maybe I will revert back to the previous version (by the way, anyone know how you do that on Android of course)