Mini 2 Workflow

https://autelpilots.com/ but keep it a secret on here… ha-ha. Go to bottom of page and select your drone type… you are new aren’t you…

Reading the comments from the link you attached I would say the consensus really was to transfer the files ASAP from the SD card as soon as possible and not to use the SD card as a drive… that’s not what they are intended for… how you do that is up to you but the easiest is as mentioned on there and as I would suggest is to copy and paste, check all done and then delete / format SD card, it will have loads of junk on there you no longer need specific to the last recordings and not just the recordings… Sounds like you use a software package at the moment to do it when needed, OK if it recognises all file types, most won’t hence Copy and Paste is easiest, then manipulate on your PC in a dedicated folder, probably named with the date.
I’ve had several SD cards stop working and present errors, the bigger they are the more chance you have of it happening, over the years I’ve only had one Hard Drive stop working, but I back up reasonably often, a good excuse to buy a SSD drive and use the old hard drive as a back up… I use Magix Video which recognises most file formats but does struggle with my Panasonic Video Cam 4K Video, some it sees some it doesn’t, so I just copy and paste that as well now, once you start doing it it is easy and you’ll wonder why you never did it before.

Cheers

I don’t rely on the SD card as a drive, that would be bad.

BRU copies all the necessary files from the SD card immediately. Doesn’t copy any junk, it’s got a filter to sort that out. Copies any files I want it to, it doesn’t need to recognise anything, just does as it’s told. They’re copied to my OneDrive folder into date-named folders which immediately starts to back them up to the cloud. I choose to leave them on the 256GB card purely as another copy of them.

I used to use camera software but that didn’t recognise the Mini 2’s DNG files so it was replaced with BRU which I wish I’d known about earlier.

I could have scripted it in DOS but BRU is quick, it’s easy, does as it’s told and it works. You should try it.

This is an excellent folder naming strategy - I use it myself. Interesting reading the workflow here - I’m a GoPro using YouTuber in a non-flying category, so I plan on doing much the same.

But surely a lot more readable to just use ISO dates instead?