Mini Cubed - Mini Cooper atop Mini HQ with a Mini 3 Pro

Plant Oxford at Cowley is the home of the MINI Hatchback, known as MINI HQ to MINI Enthusiasts - of which I am one! At one time there were 3 separate MINI atop the office buildings, but now just a lone MINI Hatchback in Chill Red and White.

As I was in Oxford for the week and had some wonderful post-sunset light in the sky I just had to see if I could capture the MINI - which I think I did…

6 Likes

Useless info but my brother just sold his mini GP3, I used to love my copper works, I have a couple of videos here of me,well “just” canning the life out of it :person_facepalming:t2::smiley:

1 Like

Im on my 5th MINI, 05 Cooper JCW, 13 plate Cooper Clubby D, then 2 of the 2nd Gen Cluuby D’s, and now a Clubman Cooper S All4… Hubby is on his 2nd, Coupe and now a Cooper Sport… Great cars…

1 Like

Mini cars Mini drones ! :smiley:

1 Like

Great exposure, and smooth movements. What settings were you filming at?

1 Like

Believe it or not, I left it in Auto, but took the exposure compensation down by between 0.7 and 1.3 depending on the lighting… I am still getting to grips with using the Pro settings as well as flying the drone, and was pushed for time, so literally shot this in about 8 minutes…

1 Like

great vid thanks for posting

1 Like

Thanks, glad you liked it :slight_smile:

Thanks, do you know what the frame rate was? The pans are very smooth. I guess the shutter speed was quite low with the low light, which probably smooths it out.

Frame rate was 29.97 (30fps), the rest of it was on auto, although I do have the turn and gimball rates set to slo and a lot of feathering on them too, so they are smooth, especially in C mode…

1 Like

Had one of the final original mini’s off the run from Longbridge. It got written off by some prat pulling out in front of it.

They have the very last one off the line at the National Motor Museum reception. Mine was exactly the same. Keep thinking about getting another, great fun to drive, but the state of the roads these days probably mean it wouldn’t be as much fun.

1 Like

I have a COOPER S Countryman All4, and hubby has a Cooper Sport Hatch, both still very much fun, even with the roads as they are…

I’m talking pre 2000 rover mini. None of this BMW rubbish. :wink:

Low to the ground. Stiff suspension. Massive 4 gear stick and an accelerometer pedal that just wants to go fast.

Got done by two speeding cameras in that thing. :joy:

1 Like

I would love a classic, but given I am doing about 3ok a year mileage I would kill a classic too quickly, so the new MINI work for me, same ethos, same fun to drive if a little more refined…