Missed the Mist

Well sort of missed it. This was on 15th January after a fairly substantial snow fall - now all gone, but more to come! I fired up my drone when I saw the mist over the main valley and town (Hexham Northumberland) to the North and also over the fields to the South. So a quick flight from my garden was in order. BUT what I didn’t realise at the time was how low the ‘cloud top’ was on the field mist - the edge was only 300 metres away, so I could have legally flown over the top of the mist and back again, It was only when I reviewed the video that I knew what opportunity I’d missed, and by then the mist had dissipated.
Maybe another opportunity this winter, and if I get a good sequence I’ll Youtube it. But for now this is much reduced in size to attach direct.
Cheers,
Peter

2 Likes

Lovely area, Hexham.

Nice video, Peter. I ve been travelling from Carlisle over to the North East quite a bit lately with work. I’ve seen this sort of weather a lot and would be sorely tempted to put the drone up if it wasn’t for the lockdown regs. You’re lucky to be able to take off from your garden. :+1: