Muggles

Just out of curiosity, how many ‘Muggles’ are hostile and how many are friendly?

I’ve been flying drones for just over a year and the folks who I encounter tend to be fascinated, and I’ve never had anyone threaten to call the police or say that I shouldn’t be flying. Maybe it’s the area I live in?

Muggles? I don’t think we have them t’up norf :thinking:

Likewise, maybe I too have just got lucky, but everyone I’ve met whilst flying has been both curious and fascinated.

It’s a great opportunity to win people over too, I always offer to show them the screen, and if it’s parents with kids I get the kids to wave at the drone so they can see themselves on the screen - the parents go away really happy too :+1:

1 Like

Anyone that has stopped to see what I’m doing has always been positive. I too ask if they’d like to see what the drone is seeing.

I guess if you’re flying in an open area there’s no real reason for people to be suspicious or paranoid.

1 Like

i took my clock tower pics this evening, didnt lauch my MP just sat it on the roof of the car. policeman pops up and stated that i was breaking the law by using my drone. he did wander off after i explained that as i wasnt flying my drone i was well within caa regs. there is also nothing to stop me using a dslr in the same way as i was using my drone purely as a camera. some people need to be educated. i will speak to my local bobby about the fact they need to understand the caa regs before they tell people the are breaking the law.

1 Like

a dude pulls up in a gateway puts on a pair of strange looking glasses then launches a done form beside the car and flies it towards some wind turbines, not to dodgy in my honest opinion. lmao:rofl:

1 Like

Sounds leggit :no_mouth:

1 Like