My 3rd video attempt, a basketball promo video

So was asked by my sons Basketball team coach to film and produce a “back to basketball” promo for the team after over a year of lockdown. Had to explain numerous times I’m a hobbiest!!! And do the drone / videos for relaxation… This was not relaxing at all

Hope I did them proud.

Filmed with canon 650D, Mavic Air 2, DJIFPV. Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro

9 Likes

Great work; sure the coach / team will be very pleased with this. I particularly loved the initial establishing shot as well as the one when you follow the play from one end of the court to the other.

1 Like

Yeah that rooftop intro took a few goes. The huge seagulls were constantly dive bombing me😂
It was all “off the cuff” too. No direction no storyboard either😂 Phoned 2 days before to ask me then just turn up and film. Then he would put it altogether. He knows his way around cameras and videography. He made his then asked me for a variation.
This is his with my footage.
https://www. facebook.com/watch/?v=2898116570402412

Interesting to see a different edit using the same footage, but I prefer your version, that first shot really sets it up well, but feels odd later on.

1 Like

I accept tips/criticism :joy: I won’t be offended.

If it’s to be used as a “promo”, I would like to have seen some close ups of the players taken at ground level, otherwise it’s just a drone film.

1 Like

Yeah, actually that sounds good.
But remember i was only there to do the drone footage for him. My video edit was an afterthought.

1 Like

I prefer your edit. opening sequence is great. Well done.
Would like to have had a close up drone shot of a ‘basket’ being scored