My crashed Mavic and Care refresh

In the emd ive gone for Pbotoguard. I bought Dji care refresh but it was such a complete hassle to get the insurance.
Basically if youve had the drone for more than 48 hours you have to create and send to dji a proving video. Have to prove about 12 different things. I just fid not have tbe time and had better tnings to do. So took it back.

How are you getting on with the replacement Mavic @Ktm250?

Good morning and a happy new year, sorry for the late response we have ben away for 5 days, The replacement has took a little getting used to be honest it seems different to my original !!!
The differences are it starts up is quite aggressive, it also seems to climbs and descends much faster, and my previous settings definitely are not as smooth so work needs to be done there…
I was up at a place called Seaton Sluice yesterday was a bit windy but I have flown in those conditions before, all was well and I went up to about 100ft and the dam wind got hold of it and started pushing her out to sea, so rescue plan came into force,so drop altitude and while it’s going down looked at battery power 67% so lets put sport mode on, got to about 15ft off the sea turned her around and pushed back against the wind painfully slow at full stick, then all of a sudden boom speed climbing unto 22mph coming home, she must have got back into the calm zone and got back home… My heart was racing so fast you would have thought I had ran a marathon…

2 Likes

Best Wishes for 2018 @Ktm250 I am so pleased your New Baby Rushed back to you once it got close.

1 Like

Blimey Andy!

Take it easy out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Mavic Pro is back today the problem is i am not.
I thought DJI would have give me the 3rd degree over how it happened to hit the deck but they didn’t.
Quite impressed with how they have got it back to me, followed the online repair process and it was in and out of the workshop by the Wednesday after landing in the workshop on the Monday.
Hopefully I will get the opportunity to send it up at weekend.

2 Likes

I saw a brief mention of you hitting the deck recnlty, what happened Paul?

well now that it is back i can reveal
i remember reading about someones battery coming loose in flight and DJI not honouring the refresh due to operator error so i was keeping schtum.
because of that battery incident i have been totally over zealous checking pre flight that everything is in position.
battery clicked into place, and prop fitted correctly.
i had smashed my hand doing some building work recently so my touch is less than sensitive.
i double checked all the props on installation and was showing it to my mate and his lad.
I let his lad put on the Moverio glasses and take the drone up under my instruction.
he took it to 10 feet when it looped over onto its back and fell to the ground.
my mate said the prop went flying past his ear.
i was amazed as i had checked it thoroughly.
impressed with DJI for the prompt repair

1 Like

Prop-per good service then. :wink:

Much damaged? Very expensive?

1 Like

Propeller’ly good surely ;o)

1 Like

cost £79 on the dji refresh
one leg damaged

3 Likes

I see what you did there

2 Likes