My CrystalSky Ultra backlight finally failed 😭 (and subsequent repair)

Good result Rich
Fingers crossed it’s soon on it’s journey back to you.
I know DJI service get some stick, deservedly, but I’ve never had an issue.
Used them a couple of times, sometimes takes a few emails to and fro.
Glad it looks like it’s sorted for free and rightly so

1 Like

Think this is the case with CrystalSky’s too?

@GTMonster got his original one back.

I noted the serial number before I sent it off, I shall see what comes back!

1 Like

True - but that’s the only time I’ve ever heard of DJI repairing the original and sending it back.
Might also depend upon availability of spare parts in Europe.

Warranty length is a bit vauge on dji site, saying in line with local regulations or something like that.
EU warranty is a minimum of 2 years but we have our own laws.

I wonder if DJI treat us the same as rest of Europe. I’ve heard a few people throw 24months around but I’ve always assumed it’s 12.

Excellent result mate!

Hmmm, I’d always assumed 12 months too and was ready to hand over my credit card details…

So yes, maybe they do run a 24mth policy?

2 Likes

Or perhaps like you said, they extend as a good will gesture due to the amount of failures in early units.

1 Like

Perhaps because there’s a “known problem” with these back-lights, they’re on the back-foot about them.

1 Like

Yup, it could well be that.

I don’t know how many they’ve sold but I’ve read more than my fair share of stories of people suffering failures :confused:

If my memory serves, @Rafter had a failure too? :thinking:

1 Like

Ah, no, Peter’s was a false alarm:

Interesting reply from @GTMonster in that thread though about his getting hot.

Mine never got even remotely warm - again I think because it was a MkI, hence my surprise at it failing!

Great result @PingSpike

A bit more inspired now after reading that so I might get one for my Inspire.

1 Like

Do it.

It’s without doubt the single most bestest accessory I have ever bought.

I second that… A Crystalsky is the best screen for a DJI by far. When it arrived, I stopped searching for thay mystical perfect screen hood. The ultra is definitely the way to go. I second it only to the DJI goggles.

Only thing that bothers me is that the Crystalsky feels a bit half baked… Software is slow on the release and it gets toasty, specially on warm days.

If you have a PfCO… It’s definitely makes your setup appear professional. Squinting at a screen that noone else can see doesn’t invoke confidence.

@PingSpike good result that Rich.

Well, these guys don’t hang around!

I had an email this morning to say it had been repaired and will be dispatched shortly.

And this afternoon I had an email from UPS saying they’ll be delivering it back to me on Thursday :+1:t2:

1 Like

“Repaired” :thinking: :wink:

I’m guessing repaired rather than replaced, purely going by other people’s CS experiences.

Will let you know on Thursday!

2 Likes

Query it after you’ve received your CS back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well, my repaired CrystalSky Ultra arrived back today as promised.

And it is my actual CS too, the one I sent them, not a replacement unit :+1:t2:

They’ve updated the firmware (the bastards!) but fear not, I’ve rooted it already! Will post a how-to at the weekend. They also left an Android diagnosis apps installed :man_shrugging:

So all in, just eleven days from start to finish, with UPS couriers on both legs of the journey, all at zero cost to me, and tbh, zero effort too.

Must admit, I’m seriously impressed.

Repair Timeline

Date Days Details
07/04/19 0 Repair request opened on https://repair.dji.com/
08/04/19 1 Pre-paid UPS shipping label arrived by email
09/04/19 2 UPS collected the parcel from me
11/04/19 4 UPS delivered to DJI in Netherlands
15/04/19 8 Automated email from DJI saying the CS had arrived with them
15/04/19 8 Email from DJI saying the backlight will be replaced under warranty
16/04/19 9 Email from DJI saying the CS has been repaired and will be dispatched shortly
16/04/19 9 Email from UPS saying they will deliver it back to me on 18/04/19
17/04/19 10 Text message from UPS saying they will deliver as planned on 18/04/19
18/04/19 11 UPS delivered the repaired CS back to me
4 Likes

Good news. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice one Rich, hope all of us with CS’s will get the same when ours decide to pack up!

2 Likes