My drone was attacked! Survived and is flying just fine

Zulu, one of my dogs got his run on yesterday - I had actually put him safely inside my RV when I went to land but when he heard it coming in for the landing he was pushed the door open and attacked - the drone survived and was flying again today safely away from his jaws of death!! He got a good run in in the meantime - I was trying to excercise him a little - you can see the greyhound blood in him from his rin … :slight_smile: My internet connection is pretty crumby - that short video took 2.5 hours to upload last night.

Filmed with osmo pocket on a tripod

6 Likes

Brill way to exercise the dog :+1: Dodgy for the mavic though?
Nice footage from the osmo too.
Mine won’t chase the drone, when she sees it coming in she sits, watches and I’m sure she judges the landing :rofl:

Zulu 1 - Mavic 0 … Zulu meets Inspire in the final :joy: :joy: :joy:

Seriously - glad both Zulu and the drone are OK. Would like to try to exercise my dog that way but I know the big wuss will just run for cover when the drone starts up … typical wimp Irish Wolfhound :joy:

2 Likes

Brilliant, you should hang a ball on a string from it :rofl:
You didn’t have to put it in slow motion, that made the ending painful to watch :relieved:
Glad they are both okay though.

That’s why I’ve practised hand catching my Mavic Air. My wee doggie is interested in joggers, bikes, heavy goods vehicles, boat trailers and surfers as well as drones.

Butter wouldn’t melt …

2 Likes

Looking at the location were you out with Jesse cooking meth ;o)

4 Likes

Talking of drones surviving, do you think this one will fly again :thinking: :laughing:

Saw this on FB, it was found in the Bahamas.

1 Like

Bit of T-Cut… it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Props look fine? :rofl:

1 Like

Yup… Batch all cooked up and deliveries by drone… I’m at Joshua Tree park… This area was the closest area I could find to be able to fly. It’s the BLM land… I guess over the weekend it becomes a 4 wheel ATV Mecca … but yeah it’s all desert and now that you mention it the Breaking Bad scenario seems to fit…lol

1 Like

I was filming in slow motion but yeah the end is painful

I thought I had the mavic protected but he surprised me by breaking out… Glad the drone survived. It was scary for a moment but I couldn’t be mad at him. He was pretty proud of himself.

1 Like

Bonny you were lucky he didnt run off with the drone and chew it up.

He wouldn’t have a bed for the night if he did that!! He was proud of himself for the tackle but sheepish too … I’m so grateful it’s well made product -dog tested!