My first go

This was my first attempt and there are lots of errors both in flight and editing, but I’ve learned a lot from the process. The video has a softer feel and the lower res makes the film feel like a nostalgic 80s look about, I kind of like the crudeness of it.

Anyway, have a look at my childhood haunts of Cromer in Hertfordshire, Old Hunstanton and Salthouse on the Norfolk coast.

https://youtu.be/H6WBSStCoZ4

Cheers

Colin

3 Likes

Pretty impressive for a first attempt Colin!

I liked the beach scenes :+1:

What did you use to edit it mate?

1 Like

Thanks mate,currently using Nero as it’s cheap n cheerful, I know I need to change up but for the moment it gets me going.

Cheers

Colin

Ever tried DJIs own app?

I haven’t, just wondering what the results would be like :thinking:

Adequate for a quick Instagram/social media post.
Used it a few times last year on hols after my laptop went terminal whilst rendering video in 45C temps. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not great … and I found it wanting to take too much control trying to insist you used their wizards.
It’s a year since I’ve used … it may have improved.

On Android, I ended up with Power Director, though seem to recall it wasn’t too keen on the MP’s 4k … that may have been fixed, worth checking. (I must check, too, thinking about it.)
I ended up running the 4k vid through Video Converter into 1080 and then edited. Fine for IG/FB/Twitter/etc., which was all I was wanting at the time.
It does have better dissolves/transitions than the DJI editor.

Nice first video :+1:
Try Davinci Resolve, excellent editing software and it’s free unless you want the studio version.
I’m more than happy with it, it’s way beyond my capabilities.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, ill check that out! :+1:

1 Like

Ditto - a :+1: for Davinci Resolve!

The free version certainly does far more than I’m capable of understanding/remembering/being worthy.
Goodness knows how anyone ever understands the full potential of the Studio version! :fearful:

My only small gripe with it (admittedly, really, only for the first month or so whilst poking about in all the menus and options) is that all the Studio bell/whistle options are all there in the menus … and you repeatedly get taken to the “Do you want to buy” screen. If only they just greyed out what’s not available, or had those in a different colour.

Really stable too!! Even my tom-foolery hasn’t managed to crash it once!

I’m still using 14 but 15 beta is out now with fusion included.