My First Offering

Evening all,
Hope you’re all well.
My first effort at posting a video on here after having my Mavic Pro for the last 4 months, though certainly not 4 months worth of flying so please be gentle!
My youngest lad and myself went out to Pennington Flash in Leigh.
I tried editing, for the first time, on my lads Light Room Pro, OMG you need the patience of a saint! That just baffled the sh!t out of me!
I ended up spending half an hour on the DJI Go 4 editor instead :roll_eyes: no doubt it’s cheating, but it’s a start.
I know there’s jittery bits etc and it seems like the quality of it on YouTube is naff for some reason?
I was chuffed with it myself but when I noticed the wife watching it then looking over her phone half way through to carry on watching ‘Real Housewives Of Cheshire’ I now doubt myself! :thinking:
Surely things can only get better?
I hope this video posts ok, not quite sure what im doing :woozy_face:
Any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated. :grin:
Cheers
Eugene

6 Likes

Excellent effort !!! :+1:
Only advice I can suggest is to use all the built in features first, like dronie etc - then just film and film and film to develop your own style. Maybe try a freebie editor like Da Vinchi, Filmora or Shotcut - they are quite intuitive really which saves many a headache.
Its a fine spot at Pennington and its worth using the same site, just from different angles etc. Its hard when you don’t know a site, so worth practicing in a known area.
Your Mrs will never understand !!! lol
But its good to get out with the lad - let him try post processing, he probably will twig it in 15 minutes - sad but true, so just bribe him.

2 Likes

Much appreciated silverfox682
Yes, good idea make the most of him whilst I still have his attention, once I get him off the PS4 that is!
Practise, practise practise it is then, definately need to send her up in different areas around the flash, it’s a lot nicer place than you realise.
Many thanks

2 Likes

Excellent effort buddy, I’ve just started using Filmora for editing and it’s pretty easy even for an old duffer technophobe like myself :joy: some decent editing tools which I’m still getting used to, as you say “practice practice and more practice” we all learn something new every time we fly, well I do anyway lol :+1::ok_hand::clap::clap::clap:

Im the same, and I think for @Dun_na_nGall using the cheaper lifetime membership would be well worth it - at least that way you get all the updates free so its future proof. You are right in that it offers a whole lot built in and is very intuitive and kind of leads you by the hand through its features.

1 Like

Thanks gents
Looks like a little delve into Filmora is on the cards :+1::grin:

Nice one, been Pennington Flash many times with our dogs so good to see it from different angles :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like