Looking at getting Strobon Cree LED Strobes for the Mini2

Hi all,

Im looking at getting 2 strobon Cree strobes for my new Mini 2 but find all the printed mounts I’ve seen for sale look clunky.
My question is has anybody used another way to attach them without clunky plastic mounts and how did it go?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Welcome to GADC.

You might want to look at Clips for Flytron Cree strobes - Mavic 2 - Mini 2 - Air 2 :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve just got the one for my Mini 2 and currently use the Velcro pad that Flybee sell to attach it (at the moment on the top of the Mini 2. I’ve seen some Velcro it to the battery lid to allow you to determine orientation and also underneath between the landing sensors and the status / quick link button.

I weighed mine with the strobon attached and it weighs 244g so I would deffo consider using Velcro if you’re using two to avoid going over 249g perhaps one on the battery case and one on top near the front and use two different colours so you can easily orientate it visually

Thank you for the detailed response :+1:
I had considered Velcro but I’ve had issues with it on other projects in the past.
I have been looking through the thread as advised by @OzoneVibe.
I see a member from the group @ash2020 sells clips so I’ll pop on EBay and have a look at his as well :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve used both the 3M they sell with the strobe and the leg clips. The clips are by far the neater solution and can be removed. The 3M attachment needs to stay on the drone. It can be peeled off but, as it needs to be, it’s very adhesive. Depending where you stick it, up can see the drone flex as you peel.

2 Likes

:thinking: as much as I discounted the printed holders as you say at least they are easy removed.

Both work but I won’t be using adhesive again, unless stuck to the back of my Lego droid mounted on the Snap Adapter comes under 250gm :joy:

2 Likes

Photos ?

1 Like

I use Velcro everywhere, strobes, other bits, get some decent off Amazon with extra strong adhesive… never had a problem… not certain what your issues were… really hard to get mine off if needed. Cheers

1 Like

Mike, just so you know, Mini 2 with 2 clips and 2 strobes weigh in at around 247 grams. PM me if you have any questions.

3 Likes

251gm :frowning_face: Need to find a lighter gun.

6 Likes

Love it Andy. :+1:

1 Like

I used clips like these as recommended by a fellow Grey Arrow member. I would recommend these. They work for me.

3 Likes

Clear 3M Dual Lock tape is worth a look.

Cheers @ash2020

I have two of the holders produced by @ash2020, they work great and are very light, however, as I have wrap on my Mini 2 they are hard to get on and off so another option that I use is small cable ties, a bag of 100 costs 99p at my local market, I carry a pair of nail clippers to cut them off when I pack the drone away.

Just a quick question about you hiding your ID if I may @WhiteHawk67
Would others be able to gain something from knowing your ID?

It’s something I’ve thought about since receiving my number :thinking:

2 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think there’s any reason to hide it. However, I would rather hide my personal info online than publish it, even if there’s no risk. But that’s just me and the way I do things.

1 Like

@Mike-B I also have my phone number on my ID sticker so would defo hide that.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about sticking my phone number on mine, but it makes sense.
Thanks for the tip @Diveuk :grimacing: I’m off to find the label printer

2 Likes