My footage used on BBC2 this evening!

I’ve just had it confirmed that some of my drone footage will be used as b-roll on tonight’s ‘Saving Lives at Sea’, tonight on BBC2 at 8pm! I had a contact from the production company following one of my YouTube videos asking if they could use some of the footage. I agreed and it’s going out tonight! So excited! The video they asked about is this one…

33 Likes

Well done Nick :clap: :clap: Lovely sunset colours.

good work nick, always nice when footage makes it to TV :+1: :+1: :+1:

Share some footage of what airs later, you might qualify for the Celebrity badge :slight_smile:

Good pay day ?

Well done mate. Looks like they’re going after a shark… Subbed

It was £100 for up to 30 seconds of footage. I don’t know how much they’ve used yet. Probably less than that. But still a nice little bonus!

4 Likes

At least when I was an extra in Far From The Madding Crowd I was paid at the time, and not after I was totally cut from the film. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Excellent :wink:

Good work! Welcome to the BBC club! Keep an eye out in other places too now as I’ve since seen mine on BA flights. Congratulations again, it’s a bit of a holy grail I think

1 Like

Gosh! That was quick! You should be in for about 50p! :rofl:

1 Like

Been asked to go out and film for Top Gear/Life on Earth in some exotic location might just top that, rather than raping your YT feed ;o)

Well, 1 scene of about four seconds! Slightly gutted they didn’t use a little bit more but still pleased they used at least once clip - and my name in the credits! I’ll sleep with a smile on my chops tonight… :wink:

7 Likes

That’s almost 5 seconds more than I’ve had on TV. :+1:

Actually - just over 11.5secs …

8 Likes

Well done very nice clip👍

Result!

I didn’t think that the BBC would be trawling YouTube for footage, but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Ned

1 Like

Well done mate. Kudos to ya. Wonderful footage too. It’s this kinda thing that keeps us novices going and I looking forward to upgrading my 510 to a Mini 2 in the New Year.

A drone pilot for the day - a producer - expenses … probably £2k

Decently shot 4k video by a you-tuber … definitely not £2k.

Makes so much sense.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the search terms that the BBC might use whilst searching for suitable footage…

• Location - a no brainer

• Resolution - broadcast quality - 4K

• Perspective - not sure if that’s the right word to use in this context, but would include ‘aerial’ for example for drone footage.

Is there anything else you can think of?

And is it best to bang all that stuff into the video title? I know YouTube has video tags but by YouTube’s own admission, they play a minimal role in helping viewers to find video.

Ned