My latest offering for you all to enjoy and share and comment on!

Here is my latest work, and short film following the processes a local farmer uses to produce animal feed around where I live. Grab a cuppa and enjoy!!

12 Likes

Nice one! :+1:

(Edit: Bumped from #media into #media:videos :wink: )

1 Like

@JayForceOne
Great video
some excellent shots, was it all done on 1 day? if not how many batteries/charges

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous, always makes me titter to see our industry on screen, with kids thinking that milk grows in the supermarket these days it’s brilliant to see drones being used to educate as well. Even my best pal is totally ignorant to what goes on in fields but he is engrossed in it and always full of questions. Top marks.

1 Like

No not even close…i’ve been rocking up and doing my thing since late May until about three weeks ago. The farmer told his guys that I would be filming and just ignore my drone flying around and I got on and collected all the good stuff. My favourite part was definitely the combine as it was the most photogenic machine of them all.

2 Likes

Excellent video, they will want to using it on Countryfile :+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely fascinating. You told the story brilliantly. I always wondered how they wrapped the bales. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the nice comments…It’s very heart warming to see my little projects being enjoyed!!

In answer to an earlier question which I’d forgotten to address…the total amount of batteries flown for this project was 22!!!

3 Likes

Super shots, loved the panning and dollying! Superb job!

1 Like

Thanks very much!!!

Now that would be a thing!!!

2 Likes

Very therapeutic !

A new medical term … dronotherapy … should be submitted to the OED.

1 Like

That was a VERY nice video! Coming from the same background as you, when I retired I set up my own video production company. Would have given you a job right away! You had very little in the way of subject matter to choose from, a couple of tractors and a big field but you held my attention right to the end. What I mainly liked was the length of the clips. We all film and think our footage is the bees knees, so we leave the clips for far too long, 'cause we want everyone to see what a wonderful cameraman I am. WRONG! you only need to show them long enough for everyone to see what’s going on AND THEN YOU MOVE ON. Sorry for going on about this but it’s one of my pet hates, that people use clips that are too long and you get bored. I think you nailed it, and the choice of music also set the mood.
You’ve set the bench mark for you videos now, so I’m looking forward to the next one.
How did you get that bird to swoop in time to the music at 1.02? :grinning:

I’v just re-read this and I sound like a judge at a bloody competition (anyway, you would have won)

6 Likes

Wow that’s high praise indeed. I do try and keep the movies interesting, and to be fair I learnt the hard way, having made some super long diving films that were only really interesting to me. I agree music choice does make the film and some decent editing brings it all together. Thanks very much for the kinds words. I’ll keep to the formula I’ve learnt and see what else I can pump out. If you have any jobs I’d still be interested by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice. Top marks

1 Like