My latest video - I'm very proud of this one!

A short trip video filmed followimg my trip to the beautiful and drone target rich Scotland!! What a place!! What stunning views!!! Despite all the stuff I caught and filmed, I still need to go back and catch more!!

Lucky catches: The steam train on the Glenfinnan Viaduct (Harry Potter rules!!) and the Kelpies in amazing early morning light to name but two!!

Come and join me on the Caledonian Road!!

66 Likes

Hi well done catching the train at Glenfinnan and well filmed and put together :slightly_smiling_face::+1::clap::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks!!! I missed the actual train I was there to get and this was a delayed one hence the not perfect catch, but I’m happy to tick it off nonetheless!!

Great video :+1:

1 Like

Loved every minute of this! You should be proud of it.

1 Like

That is absolutely epic,really enjoyed that .
Thanks for sharing.
Well jealous of your trip.
:+1:

2 Likes

Superb footage. I am off up there on Friday for 9 days and hope I get half the quality of footage you have got. Fingers crossed for the weather…

1 Like

Amazing video. Looked like a cracking adventure.

A few weeks ago I cycled through Scotland and I am desperate to go back already! Stunning place!

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for your kind replies!!! I was so lucky with the weather to be honest…ALl of you going there soon, I am crossing my fingers and toes for you to get as good weather as I did.

Now I’m left with having to go back and film more up there!!

Quick question, nice video but the horses at the end, are they lit purple at night. I only ask because I pass them every time I have a delivery to Falkirk! (And they impress :blush:)

2 Likes

Stunning locations and great filming!

1 Like

Cracking video - Booked a fortnight’s hols up at Loch Earn as a base next year - so thanks for some inspirational shots :wink:

1 Like

What a superb video memory for your trip - great video, excellent soundtrack, well edited.

1 Like

Great video. What reaction did you get flying at the Falkirk Wheel and Kelpies? Did you just fly or seek permission? Have thought about doing the same myself.

1 Like

Very nicely done

1 Like

Nice one great video

2 Likes

Superb video :+1: How did you manage to get an empty Eilean Donan Castle, it’s normally crawling with tourists?

2 Likes

Great video, very professional editing. What software did you use? Also, like Borg42 I was wondering about permissions. I have found myself in trouble a couple of times flying/filming in locations I wasn’t aware I needed permission to do so.

3 Likes

Beautiful video :clap:

My guess is Filmora or DaVinci Resolve :man_shrugging:

1 Like

“NJD 1953
Quick question, nice video but the horses at the end, are they lit purple at night. I only ask because I pass them every time I have a delivery to Falkirk! (And they impress :blush:)”

They do light them up but I wasnt avble to film that due to timing. They are gorgeous.

" Borg42
Great video. What reaction did you get flying at the Falkirk Wheel and Kelpies? Did you just fly or seek permission? Have thought about doing the same myself."

I used the CAA app to ensure I wasn’t in breach of anything legal wise. On site I walked around them first and checked for any signage - there was none at either location. Scots Canals are very drone friendly on their website and ask you to be mindful of other users and crowds and infrastructure so with all this in mind I flew early AM and legally covered as far as I could check and got what I needed. My only run in was with a mental staff member at the Kelpies who insisted my chinook sized drone was a danger to the crowds (mini 2 with my GF being the only person on site). He seemed more intent on yelling at me than listening to my explanation of the CAA rules so I ignored him and let him yell. He did scream at me that were signs everywhere expressly forbidding drones but as there weren’t I figured he was just one of THOSE people.

“Drumsgard
Superb video :+1: How did you manage to get an empty Eilean Donan Castle, it’s normally crawling with tourists?”

The Castle is very pro drone. Despite a sign saying NO DRONES it adds that this is between 0900-1700 when it’s busy. It’s all good via the CAA app requiring you only to take caution over the Marine area and the Highlands. I flew at 0800 while the sun went up hence it’s empty.

Thank you!! I edit on my 27’ 2019 Imac using Final Cut Pro and then when it’s al done I make it sensibly sized for uploading using Compressor. As for permission I use the CAA app and the 500m distance to my advantage. As per the Kelpies madman some people either don’t like drones or just like screaming till their heads turn purple so I ensure there’s no enforceable signage and that I’m legal and I’ll plot up away from nosefaces and do my thing. Glenfinnan is like that - flyable but marked up like its not (it is) with a £10 flying fee (don’t pay it, it can’t be enforced.) All you have to be aware of is the actual laws - in that case - stay 50m away from the railways and don’t overfly it. Job done.

Final Cut Pro master race :grin:

2 Likes