My New little toy missile

Sooo quick - and I haven’t tried 3s yet :smiley:

5 Likes

Is that a toothpick? What’s the spec?

What’s the parts list?

Indeed - toothpick :+1:

Primo 08xx conversion kit - V080x - I got a £15 import charge for this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
1102 9kv Happymodel motors
Crazybee F4 Pro v2 Frsky
Happymodel 200mw VTX & Caddx EOS Cam nicked out of the TrashMob
GNB 2s 450’s and the 3s 300mAh HV that came with the Mobula HD when I get to the park next, I have a feeling I’ll need the room :joy:

Here’s a size comparison with the Mob HD…

…I also picked up some bits for a tiny bit more range seeing as it happily cruises for 8-10 minutes :woozy_face:

(I’ll probably not be using that antenna on the rx :joy: - I picked up the wire version too)

Are they 2" props? And 200mw vtx. Nice.

1 Like

65mm - I’m glad I bought lots of spares - sort of :slight_smile: - I’ve already bent a shaft (1mm)
I’ll be getting some of the Avan Tri-blades and screwing them on as soon as I can find them in stock somewhere :+1:

The 200mw is a bit lacking when I compare it to the 600mw VTX I’m using in the Trobula™ :wink:

Took this to the park last night - can’t quite believe the flight time - 450mAh 2s - heavy on the throttle 90% of the time - still over 7v @8minutes - low six’s @9minutes - I thought I was reading it wrong!

1 Like

Any videos yet? Love to see it in action.

https://vimeo.com/361257817

Trying it out in loooooow light - bit boring but you get the idea :slight_smile:

and… my first time in Acro outside of DRL - didn’t go too well :man_facepalming:

https://vimeo.com/361259102

1 Like

And a bit more practise this afternoon - this is the best run from 5 batts :+1:
I’m trying!

(Running some new batteries too - GNB 650’s 2s HV - 3g heavier than the 2s 450Mah non-HV)

https://vimeo.com/361330926

2 Likes

It’s quite quick isn’t it! I am looking at building one. Or a 7 inch. Or probably both over the winter.

1 Like

Aye - most of that was way up in the air, (I got fed up picking it up :man_facepalming:) - down low the ground becomes a blur at above 50% throttle :rofl:

7" Sounds like a monster!

1 Like

Can’t you have crash flip on it? So you can flip it and take off again?
Also, where do you fly in St. Helens? I pop up now and then. Would love a meet.

7 inch - Thing is, my hd cam is a tight fit on my 210 5 inch. And now i’m trying racing, its not suitable for cinematic videos over the sea etc as I keep busting the cam. The 7 inch will be a slow steady one hopefully with a hang time when inverted to make nice videos.

Banggood tab open…

Banggood…nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not in the grass :frowning: - It does work on concrete however :slight_smile: - as long as I don’t break anything on the way down!

I’m struggling to find suitable sites to fly FPV - The parks are generally a bad idea due to all of the dog walkers and roaming gangs of black-clad pot-heads, (not a good Idea to hang around in a park alone when you’ve got goggles on) :frowning_face:

I had a ton of fun flying in the B&Q car park after 8PM this week as it was almost empty and the lights seem to be left on when it closes, (and I could see people coming a mile off too) :+1:

The place in the video above is in a little field around the corner from me and is usually deserted during the day. I just look a little odd standing next to a playground on my tod :man_facepalming:

Caddx Turtle too low res?

Nice!

1 Like

We all do it

1 Like

I’ll give you a shout when I’m in the area and see if your free.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan :+1:

I’ll keep a go-bag ready :wink:

1 Like

Having a look through the footage again I should mention it’s normally a lot smoother but it was Really windy making it bobble about a fair but - you can see it’s way faster going one way than the other. Still it doesn’t look too bad for a £10 camera (EOS2)

I suppose I should show the inevitable end to it all when I got a bit too cocky :man_facepalming:

https://vimeo.com/361620167

Add some graphite and some Super-Glue…

Put him in a splint…

…and Bobs yer uncle :+1:

Still Alive!

1 Like

Nice repair!

1 Like