My P4P videos are riddled with glitches, choppy frames & pixelated in some frames

While Storm Dennis the Menace throws his weight about I thought I’d take that opportunity to learn how to edit some of the footage I captured a while ago. I was so dissappointed to discover that most of the videos are riddled with glitches, choppy frames & pixelated in some frames. I suspect that the settings I use may be the cause.

How do I prevent this issue from re-occurring? If the settings are the cause, what are your recommendations? I have attached my settings screenshot & a link to one of my videos. Please feel free to muck about with the video & edit it, maybe I might learn a thing or two from you guys.

I am a noobie guys, please be gentle with the technical jargon it might crack my head open.

I will be calibrating that compass before my next flight.

Video>>> http://Iyezi.myqnapcloud.com:8080/share.cgi?ssid=0YefNKg

Check your SD card is fast enough first and foremost (especially as you’re shooting in 4K)

And maybe use YouTube for your uploads (won’t help the video) but it is the best platform for sharing

*you might also want to hide your address on the map in your screenshot

Try rendering the video , sometimes the video from the card can be jurky

Video>>>

Thank you for your quick response lads, I really appreciate it.

I have uploaded the video onto youtube & the link is above.
My SD card is a 128gb Sandisk extreme pro. It seems I cannot edit the post above to get rid of the my address & replace the video dowload link with the youtube one.

I have rendered the video using premiere pro & the results are the same.

Edited your post so that the YT link is on it’s own line (no spaces before/after) so that the embedded player displays. :wink:

Also removed the screenshot! :+1:

Thanks matey. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

What speed ratings is the SD Card?

… and did you take the video file direct from the SD Card … or from your device?

The SD card rating is 275MB/S, UHS-II U3/CLASS 10.

I got the video directly from the SD card.

1 Like

V30?

Probably - but just checking. :wink:

Reputable vendor? So many fakes around. :man_shrugging:

Rating:

• UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)
  • Max. Read Speed: 275 MB/s
  • Max. Write Speed: 100 MB/s

I’m not sure where to check that. I bought it online from this shop:
https://www.play-asia.com/sandisk-extreme-pro-microsdxc-128gb-275mbs-uhs-ii-u3class-10/13/70a8zn?ref=froogle_uk&gclid=CjwKCAiA1uHSBRBUEiwAkBCtzYix_dvf9Q6_y3YhsObTpENUQz7ZZ8Q7mpOTSlEEYPlUQmmCySZBVBoC9GYQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Ah …. sorry, that looks a tad dodgey! … and expensive! :fearful:

Extreme should look like this … and, in the UK cost a lot less!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=twister_B07HM3RLBS

Notice the V30.

Extreme Pro should look like this …

Extreme are adequate for our needs.

1 Like

:cry: :cry: :sob: :sob: :sob: I see the V30 now.

I probably have been scammed. To make things worse, I bought 2 of these cards. :rage:
There surely must be a way of checking the card’s authenticity?

Saying that though, it seems very similar to this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-II-microSDXC-Memory/dp/B01C4QL66Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=SANDISK+EXTREME+PRO+275MB%2FS&qid=1582291767&s=computers&sr=1-1

1 Like

Hmmm. Yes - it looks similar, and costs about the same. :thinking:

Your video symptoms are very inline with a card that’s not fast enough so, were I in your position, my first step would be to get another card to check things with.

1 Like

At the end of the month I will invest in the extreme pro that you’ve linked above. Hopefully the weather will be on it’s best behavior then. in the mean time I’ll see if there is a way of checking the card’s authenticity.

Will capturing video at 2K or lower res’ eliminate the issue?

If speed is the only issue, then lower res could work OK.

I’d start at 1080 and if that’s fine, at least you know the P4P is fundamentally sound.
Then increase res/frame-rate in steps to see where it starts to have issues again.

Where in the UK are you located?

Is it best to have the really fast SD card in the drone or the tablet ?

Drone - that’s the only place the full res video exists and needs to be written in real time…

If you copy the vid to your device, then you’ll be reading the card (once copied) and all cards read far faster than they write.

1 Like

I am in Derby. I always have the sd card in the drone & use the internal memory of the tablet.

2 Likes

Thanks lads I was doing it right then :grin::grin::+1: