My Second ever drone flight

11 Likes

Welcome to GADC, @Bakinboy / Robin.

Thank you, very happy to able to join.

A great video, especially considering it’s your 2nd flight.

I’ve flown there, a great place, steeped in history and loads of great sites around being the Wye Valley.

1 Like

Lovely video, the depth of field effect works well in the wider shots.
Oh and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

@Bakinboy nice video. I like the view from 02:50.
Welcome.
Subbed.

2 Likes

I liked what I saw - shame its just a shell, imagine when it was built. A lovely building today stoill.

Loved your work - thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

You can thank Henry VIII for that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Good for your second flight that👍

1 Like

Great video, love the highlights from the lights in the windows. I’ve not seen the abbey when there’s frost on the ground. Nice one, well put together.

1 Like

Very very good, the bit heading back towards the abbey, with the river, the ruins and the cold winter scenery looks very January, I’d use a crop of that for the entry for january, Calender :clap:t2:

1 Like

This is the way

1 Like

Congrats, great video, especially as you are starting out. That rise up parallax shot at 2:30 is lovely. Remember to keep the moves smooth and a consistent motion if you are after cinematic videos. There is a guy on Youtube called Mattheww Brennan, that has loads of tips and tricks that you could take a look at. No affiliation, and I’m sure there are others out there.

1 Like

Thanks for your post, I did try and be smooth with the controls, but still all fingers and thumbs at the moment :grinning:. I have also watched plenty of Matthew Brennan’s videos along with others. A lot to learn, so hopefully i will get better with practice.

When I saw that opening shot I immediately knew it was a Cistercian Abbey: like Rievaulx, or Fountains, or Sawley, or Whalley, it is built next to a river and with a steep hill behind.