National Trust Policy Correspondence

12 Likes

And f**k you ;o)

3 Likes

Hahaha love it!

2 Likes

Will go out my way to go there now when I next have some annual leave for some drone photography and tag the f**k out of them

3 Likes

I completed a members survey a while back, and took the opportunity to mention drones regarding their policy. I also emailed them a few times. I didn’t receive any response, nor did I expect any. Tagging them in to all the photos of their properties is my successful method in getting any response, allowing me to state my view (as shown above). I doubt me doing this will result in any changes. But :thinking:… if all drone users on Instagram followed suit, who knows … they may start questioning their own policy :man_shrugging:

Nah … who am I kidding :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I thought @OldSoulBoy had convinced them to change their wording of their policy back in October.

I assume 4 months later, doesn’t qualify as ‘soon’

2 Likes

Overflying NT property and this thread: Drone Code point 20. Respect other people and their privacy seem to go nicely together :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have forced myself not to go near that thread. Any tact and diplomacy would go out the window.

3 Likes

It looks like they may have updated it then …

4 Likes

This NT bod is going to get blocked if they respond again …

8 Likes

3 Likes

WOW - now I am impressed - didn’t realise Chris knew Homer :wink: :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

oh man wonder what tthe next reply is gonnA BE HAHA, THIS IS JUCIY !

1 Like

Considerate flyers like this club are already taking account of things like that. Blanket policies do nothing to stop those who don’t care, or don’t know how to behave respectfully causing a problem.

I love going to National Trust properties - I certainly wouldn’t want a drone close to us, but I’d not be bothered at all by one 120m up in the air !

:frowning:

5 Likes

Exactly. With family membership and dozens of places around, it’s a great day out for me and my family. Whilst they are having ‘afternoon tea and a scone’, I vacate just off site and launch the drone for a couple of snaps. No harm done. Tarring all drone users with the same brush is unfortunately all too common.

5 Likes

I know this is off topic (apologies if not allowed) but as a keen recreational biker I totally get that statement. It is always the inconsiderate few who create the bad reputation.
We fight on tho

2 Likes

I agree, a poor excuse and she can’t even spell “effects”.

1 Like

Ive had letters from pervious years where they said they had changed their policy and would allow flash photography in their properties. Ive been a member for many years and regularly take photos for personal use in front of staff and sometimes using a tripod and heve never once been challenged.

1 Like

Smooth Move…Value for Money… :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thought I would let you guys know, I have just requested permission to do a 10 min flight commercially as part of a Wedding video at Dunham Massey NT and waiting for response which I guess will be no because of this that and the other, “ the policy” the groom is a Police officer so I ensured I highlighted that to try and swing it, I can understand to a point their concerns but think they are over the top with it all
Will update you

4 Likes