National Trust / English Heritage

Looks like National Trust are on it now. Been ‘told off’ today at Clumber Park. Even though i was flying in line of sight over a forest with no one else around. Sad as the tree colours are stunning from above this time of year.

1 Like

They can stop and challenge you, IF, you are flying FROM off their property, but, if you take off from Public Land and fly over their property they have no right to stop you.
They may own the land, but, not the airspace above if, that’s official !
(See Documentation Pack in Members area for letter from the CAA, kindly supplied by one of our members)

https://greyarro.ws/t/gadc-member-information-pack/3696/40?u=chrisjohnbaker
I would certainly contest any advance by any NT Employee on the above.

11 Likes

Many thanks @chrisjohnbaker. I was about to get a little testy - but thought i’d Back off until i knew the facts - so that’s excellent. Being a member of this forum is helping me already after only a few hours. Much appreciated!

4 Likes

@chrisjohnbaker - I don’t appear to have access to that article… perhaps because i’m A newbie?

3 Likes

Having several of the Documents in your Drone bag, can save a lot of potential problems that people have against us drone flyers.
I always keep a barrage of them in my bag.

2 Likes

Yes, you have to have been a Member for a while, one of our Moderators will kick your access all areas in, soon.
Not sure of the time frame.

2 Likes

Cool. I’ve have my indemnity/insurance in my bag - but will be arming myself further :wink:

I have been confronted on many occasions, as many members on here will testify!.
I take them all in good spirit, if i am right, i will argue it, if i am wrong, bollocks to them, i’ll still fly !
How rude of me!, a big welcome as a new member, we may all seem mad, but, we love a bit of banter, and can answer most questions that you may have on droning, so don’t be afraid to ask !.

5 Likes

Appears fair to me!!!

You can expect the same at English Heritage sites too. I had a tap on my shoulder whilst in the Lake District at an EH site.

very much as @chrisjohnbaker says tho :
They can stop and challenge you, IF, you are flying FROM off their property, but, if you take off from Public Land and fly over their property they have no right to stop you.
They may own the land, but, not the airspace above if, that’s official !’

7 Likes

Just for members info , where was that @sunstone ?

2 Likes

It was at Lowther Castle in Penrith:

https://www.lowthercastle.org/

Such as shame as it would make a for fantastic aerial shot but best avoiding.

4 Likes

flying from public places (the road) can get you some acceptable images.

Up, photos/video,down, back in the bag , 2 mins !.
(This was a frame grab from the video)

14 Likes

Very acceptable! So great being to reach places from the air from a public spot :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hi, just checked my status and it said I have access all areas, but this link is blocked for me, any ideas mate ?

1 Like

I would contact either @PingSpike @OzoneVibe or @callum to find out why you cannot access the “ Members Only” Area.

1 Like

May I direct you to the announcement of a couple of weeks ago …
Your assistance, please

2 Likes

Brilliant!

1 Like

Can they actually stop you flying over their land. They do not control airspace

Moved your post over to this thread where the topic has been discussed before. :wink: