National Trust / English Heritage

Ah sorry bout that. Should have done a search. My bad.

2 Likes

Some topics come around again and again. :wink:

2 Likes

I have seen this before, I don`t Understand why this is such an issue for these places. I feel that it is because a lot of these places/people don’t understand Drones. How they fly, the accuracy and technology in drones has came such a long way that they have never been safer to fly. Surly the amazing pictures and videos that we can take of these places can only help promote that place.

3 Likes

Its all about money, they just want to get cash of you for the privilege of flying round their sites, If anything ever happened to their sites (e.g Notre Dame) they would be screaming for footage and photos.
I have flown around a mine up north, they asked for as much footage as possible for posterity and for future generations to see, because one day it might not be there.

1 Like

National Trust for Scotland may have had an objection to this, had I asked… but took off from our own property, and didn’t fly over, though technically they own the whole island of Iona.

7 Likes

Hi, Chris
Seem to have problems down loading CAA documents. New to this game. Any chance you could forward it to me. Only started flying 2 weeks also not very cleaver on web (silver surfer)
Regards David (davelonghurst@live.co.uk)

1 Like

HI Dave / @Moody31, and welcome to GADC.

If you have a moment, pop over to #introductions and tell us a little about yourself and your drones. :+1:

Access to the documents is via the “Members Only” area of the Forum, but, you have to be a Full Member in order to access this area, and you have to attain Full Members status to be able to download any Documentation from there, I have to abide by Forum Rules, on this, as I have had so many requests for the Documentation, from “off Forum” requests.
Hope you understand.

Here is how to get Full Member Status:

Trust Level 2 — Full Member

Basic Members that keep coming back over a series of weeks; have not only read, but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full membership.

Basic Members can get to Full Member status / Trust Level 2 by…
•Visiting at least 7 days, not sequentially
•Casting at least 1 like
•Receiving at least 1 like
•Replying to at least 3 different topics
•Entering at least 20 topics
•Reading at least 100 posts
•Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Full Members at Trust Level 2 can…
•Have full access to all of the hidden Member-Only categories and exclusive club discounts
•Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
•Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
•Daily like limit increased by 1.5×

5 Likes

Hi guys ,im new when it comes to drone flying …i have a rc car background so learning fast…i wonder if there is a map showing the perimeter of the National Trust areas , im trying to find out if this area is part of it just in case the local start moaning at me

thanx

1 Like

No it’s not.
here’s a useful web site

Discover Our Land Ownership Map | National Trust

the screen grab shows the area you want I have highlighted the area you want NT land is to the ENE with a black border.
that field looks like common ground but I would check with the local council.

2 Likes

That’s a blooming interesting map - but takes some translation for our needs?

Finding their current property seems to be these settings …

I’ve also gone in to the three … on the right of each and set the visibility to “World” so that I don’t miss something because of the zoom.

Hi @Meguinness, and welcome to GADC.

If you have a moment, pop over to #introductions and tell us a little about yourself. :+1:

Yep. It’s not the easiest to use. But does give us a good indication.

1 Like

I came across this on Trip Adviser.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g504076-d298387-r583801118-Clumber_Park-Worksop_Nottinghamshire_England.html

I have stayed on Clumber Park a few times in our tourer caravan. Won’t be going again though if I can’t take the drone.

3 Likes

Yeh prob flown by the family’s having the BBQ

Im only 15 mins away from Clumber park. Lovely spot if a little too popular at times as NT parks tend to be.

It interesting to see the comment being from this time last year, I wonder if the number of drones being used here has reduced given that the NT has been fairly vocal in its disapproval of drones anywhere near its land over the past 12 months.

2 Likes

I thought you couldn’t use drones on national trust land. :rofl:
But it’s all right for them to.:rage:

https://www.facebook.com/13533633585/posts/10157482448178586/

Looking at the "review " by that silly old cow Dellia Fussel,that bitch has a very appropriate name…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Takeoff and landing not allowed on their land ( with few exceptions) I get that BUT is taking-off and landing permitted from a public right of way crossing their land?

Moved your post over to this pre-existing thread on the subject.