New Drone #2 Whoop! Whoop!

Pre-ordered this morning. :call_me_hand:t2:
Yea i saw that at the top. Quadcopters and unmannedtech have it on their websites but theyre £14 more than banggood.
If they get stock first though i might just buy from them. Can always cancel the banggood as long as it hasnt started shipping.

2 Likes

How long did it take for the canopy / cam to arrive from ordering?
Unmanned Tech have the VTX :+1:

Right then, I bought all the bits from Unmanned Tech Shop and fitted it all together today…

EOS CaCaddx Turbo EOS 2 FPV Cam
200mw TX
V3 Frame
U.FL Linear Antenna
Mobula Canopy (They didn’t have the Trashcan Canopy in so I shoehorned it all into this)
Initial flight was awful! (Only got one in before it got dark)

The TX and EOS 2 cam work well with much less interference - although I’m still trying to pick the right power setting for the VTX, and the video was over saturated to heck.

However, the extra weight of the bigger cam plus the VTX seems to of broken it’s nimbleness.
It seemed to bog down a lot and the Zip had gone… I did swop it into a V3 frame at the same time - I had been using the Beta frame.
I’m going to put it back into the Beta frame and try again :+1:
More testing to follow…

3 Likes

Didn’t take too long for the cam to come but the vtx took like a month!!!
Installed the parts last night anyway. So damn fiddly working on micros. It was straight forward actually sooo now have a TrashMob. :muscle:t2:

New weight without battery was 32g amd the stock is 30g so only 2g difference.
Ive had a test flight in the house and it flew ok but i hate it in the house. Had it on 2S too because i couldnt be arsed trying to find the jumper plug :laughing:

Ive found some pids that work well if you want them? Although they wont help if you’re just flying in angle mode.
Also ive not found anywhere in the uk that sells them yet but people are upgrading to 0803 motors to adjust for the added weight.

2 Likes

I’m using 550mAh’s
so add an extra 4g per battery over the 300mAh’s :slight_smile:
All up weight for mine without the batteries is 34g :man_shrugging:
It’s got more than enough power - it’s just too heavy now - gaps I could get through at full tilt around the house are much harder now - it feels like I’ve gone from a Motorbike to a people carrier :rofl:

1 Like

Whoops are awesome, but there is an even more fun option.

A toothpick/pickle frame conversion. They are awesome fun to fly, fast, agile and have the added perks of larger quads with the airtime when inverted :slight_smile:

I need to build something like this. @MadMossy what is the recommended kv?

Depends on if your going for 1S, 2S or 3S, plenty of conversion kits around for existing whoops like the Mobula 7 or BetaFPV 65/75/85 series.

I ordered the Thug Foofighter from http://miniquadfpv.com/ which I will be using my Spedix Rex 80 to setup. The Rex 80 is a 3S capable, 11000kv 1103, 12a ESC with 3" bi-blade gemfan 3025 props it should be a mini rocket :slight_smile:

Total cost around £100 ish, you can also get the Happymodel Sailfly-X from banggood for about £70 which is 2-3S toothpick style quad, or the Fullspeed Toothpick for £110. All similar performance. Although the fullspeed version and the rex 80 have more robust components rather than an AIO setup like the sailfly-x.

2 Likes

After frying the F3 board in the TrashMob I’ve just ordered an F4 and this :slight_smile:
https://gnarlyfpv.com/collections/best-sellers/products/bonez-080x-freestyle-frame

As a bonus - HappyModel have sent me 9000kv replacement motors for the Mob7 HD, (due to all of the fryage on 3s thats going around on the HD Mobula), so I’ll be using the 10000kv 1103’s on 2s in the Primo :smiley:

Also just ordered this…

So the next few days should be fun :+1:

1 Like

Interesting. Itching to build a 3 inch soon. Anyone know a target weight of a 3s 3 inch?

I’m sure I read a weight of 79g for 2s :thinking: (I’ve been wrong before)

I may order the Thug kit and transplant the Mob7 too :blush:
I wonder if it would work with the motors from my deceased Tinyleader… :thinking:

Ah if quad builders where surgeons, we’d of cured cancer now. Or at least upgraded ourselves

Well the T12 has arrived - it’s niiiiice! Same size as the Turnigy Evo!

1 Like

Think I may change out the front toggle switches for much smaller ones though - any ideas @callum ?

1 Like

They don’t look too long from the photos. Are you thinking shorter ones?

These look a bit shorter but youd need to open the tx up and check what’s inside and they are suitable.

1 Like

Now that’s what I’m talking about! They’re smaller than any I could find on Amazon.
I’m a pincher and these will mean I don’t knock the lower AUX channels :+1:
Cheers M8

This Radio is perfect so far - Crossfire on a toothpick? - Oh yea!

1 Like