New Drone pilot (Chesterfield)

Hi all, I’m Steve from Chesterfield. Been a keen hobby photographer for many years but, this last year I was given a couple of GoPro Hero 5 Black cameras and I’ve also been keen to get myself a Drone, finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought a mint second hand DJI Mavic Mini SE, I love it.
Thought I would share a few photos from my first couple of flights here in Chesterfield.

13 Likes

Hi Steve and welcome to GADC. :+1: :+1:

Hi Steve - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice set of photos :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Sutton Scarsdale on the second image if I’m not mistaken?

Hi Steve and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:
Is the first picture Tapton House?

Yes the first photo is Tapton House, then Sutton Scarsdale and the final one is the wind Turbine just at the bottom of Duckmanton

Thought so, my old school :grin:

1 Like

Great colour in those , any edit too achieve such colours , really stand out :+1:t2:

Hi I edited the original photos in Affinity Photo applying some LUTs

Thanks , I’m still trying to find a decent happy medium go to editing software , that I don’t need to go to college to learn to use :smile:

The photos look great Steve :+1:

1 Like

Hi… Theres one called of all things GIMP that is supposed to be good and quite easy to use.
I use Affinity Photo, Lightroom and Photoshop. Only because I used to do Graphic Design for a living

@SteveW769 welcome
I often deliver to Great Bear at Markham Vale and there is some redevelopment work going on behind there to an old bridge. I might have to try and get the drone up over that.

Welcome to the club.

Great pics by the way.

GIMP, ie, GNU Image Manipulation Program (yes all things Linux are surprisingly to the point) is my main go to for editing images. Hard to fully learn. It can be as complicated as many of the mainstream Windows offerings. But it’s free and Open Source, so you can hack the code and add in functionality if you want, even release the new code as a fork of the original. It does work on Windows too.

1 Like