New drone regs

So, last year I done the pfco course. Now I done this to enable me to know I was doing it right, not get get work from it. It was worth it, giving me a lot more confidence in drone flying. (Thanks UAV8) My reason for flying has not changed, it is just for pleasure.
My question is, do I need the new cofc if I am still intending to do my flying away from crowds and people and just do it for my own pleasure?

3 Likes

In short, no.

3 Likes

No you are fine mate, look at this guys videos for all the updates, just make sure you renew when you have to on time.
https://youtu.be/SaOX-KeY4jE

1 Like

Sorry, should also say, I am not looking to renew PFCO, the course has done its job for me and is now not a requirement. After being made aware of the risks of flying and doing it safely on the course, it has served its purpose. Not wishing to do jobs or make money from it.
Thanks

2 Likes

It all depends weather you want to fly and if so where when and what mate, if only it was as strait forwards as to make money or not, if you do intend to even fly you are best to renew.
If you do not renew then it will mean flying away from anything really as in alot of cases even public parks, if you renew you will be able to fly your UAV as now for the next 2 years anyway efore getting involved with the new courses etc.