Mavic 2 firmware and app updates

As above, some notes here :

Any chance of a copy/paste of the release notes?

I can’t get to that URL?

Nm, found it:

Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_Release_Notes_en.pdf (92.5 KB)

1 Like

Hows this :sweat_smile:

Overview:

• Date: 2019.09.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0510
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.24
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.24

What’s New?

• Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
  • Added altitude display to video captions.
  • Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
  • Improved obstacle detection accuracy.
  • Improved accuracy of altitude for Exif photos.
  • Optimized Waypoints.

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
1 Like

So we’ll have to update our batteries as well, presumably.

Highly likely.

Yep, have just done mine… the (now) usual stall at 99% applying the update to the drone so had to restart the controller, but the batteries went through in about a minute each.

1 Like

Whats the process for updating the batteries?

Ive had my M2P for almost a year now and havent had to update them. :thinking:

Battery updates are rare, so you may not have needed to do an update to them.
It should prompt you that a battery update needs doing when you fire everything up after the firmware update, and you just follow the prompts.
Don’t forget to fire up witheach of your batteries in turn to update them individually.

4 Likes

didn’t know that was a thing

Looks like this - after the initial firmware update (which takes care of that battery at the same time), shut everything down, swap to the next battery and power back up.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Thankyou. Will give it a whirl.

Awesome. Cheers. Im literally just doing mine now.

Glad you posted this. I was questioning why nothing was happening to the original battery, hadnt realised it had been taken care of. :+1:

Its doing the 2nd battery now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They must have tweaked things since the last time I did a firmware update. I definitely got a separate prompt for the installed battery.

But since that was back on 4th Sept 2017 … I guess things may have changed. :wink:

1 Like

It wasnt all that obvious at first. I literally popped in the 2nd spare battery and powered everything up just as I spotted @JoeC 's post. and on went the upgrade :+1:

2 Likes

Always possible I absent-mindedly clicked to upgrade the first battery without noticing :wink:

1 Like

The reason I recall is that it was the first update I did, was surprised by the battery update message, initiated the update … and the battery bricked.
Replaced by DJI OK, but I was as nervous as eff when I put another battery in and got the update message again.

2 Likes

Is it me or since the last firmware update on the Mavic 2 a couple days ago everything seems smoother, anyone else think so?

1 Like

@Frank I’ve moved you post to the existing thread on this subject :+1:t2:

OK Rich cheers mate