New Flyer from Essex

Hello

I’m Rob. I’m a photographer based in Harlow, Essex.

At a wedding I was shooting recently, a guest (with permission), was flying a Mini 2. I got talking with him about it and have since become a bit obsessed with the idea of having a drone to use at weddings and for general photo/ video use.

Jump forward a few weeks and I have now on order a DJI Mini 3 Pro (due to arrive this afternoon!).

This forum has already been very helpful with information and advice to get me to this point, I’m looking forward to interacting with you a lot more in the coming weeks/ months/ years etc.

Now where’s that DPD driver?

Cheers

Rob

Hi @robwestpix and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Rob and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@robwestpix Hi welcome to the club

1 Like

Hi Rob - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks very much :smile:

Thanks very much, I’m looking forward to getting involved!

Had my first flights today. Nothing fancy, just a few tests above a local field.
I’m very impressed with the handling and stability of the Mini 3 Pro. The photos and videos are coming out very nicely too.

More practicing and refining to come, but first impressions are very good :slightly_smiling_face: