New flyer of a mavic mini from Aberdeen, Scotland

Novice flyer, new but learning slow and proper. Enjoying reading the different posts and will maybe start contribute when a bit more flying and learning under my belt.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club , it’s a great place with lots of interesting posts and helpful advise , Ive had a mini for about 3 weeks and learning loads whilst having fun, one thing Ive learned is every time just before flight check in transmitting that’s it’s in auto as mine and many others start in manual and if you don’t change it to auto you loose signal quick , all the best and happy learning

2 Likes

Welcome to the club David, :handshake: full of very nice and helpful guys and gals! Any problems or just after some tips, just shout, some one will know. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Same here, after the last firmware update. Hope they will fix it as doesn’t take long, just annoying really .

Thanks , pretty sure I’m going to need a lot of help. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Welcome to our club lots of great advice here. I’m a new owner of mm (February) been improving since March. The mm does not like too much wind if you can download UVA forecast app very handy happy flying

3 Likes

Second for downloading UAV forecast, and trust your instincts… If you don’t feel 100% about flying, don’t !!! Get some hours under your belt and you’ll love it- took me 3 flights to get above 30m and yesterday I was just shy of 100m up and 1800m distance- no signal warnings, just for wind… still sphincter twitching mind :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, flown mine twice and as others have said watch out for that pesky wind.

1 Like

For those sunny days ;o)

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Day, singular. Right @callum? :smiley:

1 Like

Lived in Aberdeen area for a good few years… Had to move as the kids started to develop webbed feet… :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Welcome to the group… there will be some amazing places to go up there. Cant wait till end of lockdown to get back up to Cullen :grinning:

Already had a few of those pesky wind warnings .

I’m waiting for lockdown to end so I can finally feee mine .