New from Newcastle, Staffs

Hello to everyone,

My first drone in July was the amazing Mavic Air, liked it so much that I added a Mavic 2 Zoom the following month, currently getting me head around DaVinci Resolve video editing. Background hobbies include SLR photography and Astronomy. Looking forward to extending my knowledge and meeting up with other enthusiasts in North Staffordshire area

2 Likes

Hi Ian welcome to the Grey Arrows
We’re not a bad bunch to be honest :grin:
I have done a few meet ups and don’t mind a trip out (weather permitting)
Some of us are meeting up at the drone show in December at the NEC on the Saturday if your available.
I like photography too and the opportunity and get a different angle with the drone plus video

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I’ll do search on the drone show - did’nt know they had such things!

1 Like

Welcome to the club, I have the MP2, I’d be interested in hearing about and seeing your photos with the MP zoom to compare any differences. I understand the zoom facility is very good. And your experience with both the Zoom and air, which was superb in its own right.

Thank you Brian, yeah like many people I if’ed and are’ed which Mavic 2 to go for and frankly I still don’t know if I made the right choice or not, but, that said very happy with Zoom. I had been thinking of suggesting a comparison of shots taken with the two versions, in particular interested to see how the zoom super res mode stacks up against the pro’s 20 mp photos.

1 Like

Welcome to you as well - a very cool club from my brief experience here so far as a newcomer too!!

Hi Ian / @ian.faulkner , and welcome to GADC.

Many members with the Mavic Air, so you are in good company! :+1:
I know of at least one other M2Z owner amongst the members, too.
Da Vinci Resolve is my currently preferred video editing software - and you are right that it does take a bit of getting one’s head around - but the results from it are excellent and it doesn’t seem to kill the computer whilst making all the edit tweaks.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Hi @ian.faulkner and welcome to Grey Arrows, glad you could join us :smiley:

There’s a thread on the planned meetup over here mate:

:+1:

I’d like to see that as well.

I own the Pro but from what I’ve seen so far the Zoom appears to be sharper in video.

Hello and welcome Ian.

Hi Ian, and welcome to the friendliest bunch of drone lovers in the UK !.
You are in a great area of like minded flyers who will, at a cough arrange meet ups, Big breakfasts!, and great company in our hobby.
Enjoy your stay, pipe in when you want, ask questions, someone is always around to answer your query.
Take a look here:
https://greyarro.ws/t/gadc-drone-information-pack/3696/34
May be some useful info to print out for your droning bag !.

1 Like