New Guy - Rhyl

Just saying Hi really, Just joined a few minutes ago, only been flying for around 3 month, I’m flying a Mavic Air up in north wale ( Rhyl ) & feel I have the bug now. Have looked at larger drones already but with stick with my Mavic Air for at least a year.
I am hoping to be picking up tips around flying, photo shots & video editing which I will pick by reading post more than posting myself, I am hoping to talk up on here just get the feel of the group & people that are on board first. Thanks & Hi everyone

7 Likes

Hi Philip and welcome to GADC

Lots of members use the Mavic Air, and a fair few are in Wales too.

Check out and add yourself to the users map, for to see if there are other users in your location.

Looking for places to fly then have a look at DroneScene, use your GADC login details for full features.

Any questions don’t be afraid to ask, there are lots of very knowledgable members always willing to help.

We look forward to you posting some photos or videos of your flights (if thats your thing).

1 Like

Hi Philip and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Welcome! So many great places to fly near where you are…

1 Like

Hiya - Im in Anglesey and fly a lot around Bangor, Aber & Conway. Maybe when the welsh Gov get a grip we can arrange a meet. :+1:
Good group this is, you will learn a LOT :+1:

1 Like

Silverfox682, Thanks for the offer that would good, I have planned on going up Anglesey at some point, will after be when lockdown is over. I have flown up on the Great Orme Llandudno, road is open as far up as the halfway station which is near a old copper mine. Most of my flying as mainly been for learning to handle the Mavic Air which really looks after itself, a meet up would be great, flying with another person better than being flying alone. I am disabled due to damage to my spine, walking is the hard part but I do find with crutches & mobility scooter I manage. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome @PhilipM, so glad you took me up on the invitation to join! A very nice group of knowledgable people here and much more UK oriented!

2 Likes

Yes glad I joined, thought I recognized your picture, hoping to get to know more flyers, plus reading up on other peoples experiences & hopefully learn from, Thanks again

1 Like

Welcome to the club. Enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Hi
Been trying to add myself to the map & I cannot see anyway of adding a pin to this map with my details. All I see is a map with + & - also expand these are the only things I see that can be clicked upon. thanks

Have a look at this guide

If you have any problems let me know

Sorry I am no geek but I do know my way round a computer, saved my details on my profile a few times now even clicked on save number of times & each time you go back to your profile the details have been removed, No pin appears on the map, yesterday there was a pin available but this did not let me pin it to a area. I will leave it alone & try again some other time. sorry to have bothered you. Philipm

Did you actually select one of the location options that it offered you before clicking save?
If you complete your typing and save without having selected one of the locations offered, it will not save anything.

Hi Silverfox and Philip. My son and i also live in Rhyl/Abergele. Perhaps a general meet for all in the area would be good. Myself and my son have only just had our drones,Xmas. Myself An Air, my son a Mini.

1 Like

Hi jfc, yes that would be good, I’ve not had a chance of meeting up with other flyers before but Covid has not made things easy for people. I’ve owned my drone since the first UK lockdown, spent many hours just flying around my garden getting used to the Mavic Air. Itching to get out flying again, a meet would be good

:+1:

1 Like