New Mavic Air owner near Durham

Hi folks, I’ve already been on here asking questions, but thought I’d better make a proper introduction now that I’ve finally took the plunge and bought a mavic air.
Because I’ve been busy, and I’m still a bit childish at heart, I’ve decided to keep it in the box until Christmas day. If nothing else it gives me a reason to escape the house on Xmas day for an hour.
Never flown a ‘proper’ drone before, so I’m not expecting amazing things from my first flight, and I’m planning on watching a few YouTube videos for tips and advice to help me learn to fly.
Looking forward to flying it around the surrounding countryside, especially the beautiful Weardale, and hopefully get over to the coast as soon as we get a decent day.

4 Likes

Hi Alan welcome to the madhouse
Please see below should be a good day to fly Christmas Day in Durham but that can change we do live in UK

1 Like

I know you’ve been around while Alan, but welcome once again :smiley:

Just be prepared to stand there in shock and awe at what you’re witnessing… the first flight is always special, you’ll be blown away at how stable and responsive the Air is.

Great choice of drone mate :smiley:

One bit of advice, when the GO4 app tells you, “The home point has been updated, please check it on the map”, that is actually an instruction. DO check the newly set home point on the map and DO make sure it’s set to where you are standing, and not 74 miles away or something :slight_smile:

Let us know how that first flight goes!

1 Like

Hello and welcome from sunny Wales :wave:

I’ve had an air for 9 months now.If,like me, you have been flying “toy” drones a while and mastered them,the air is so much easier…

Hey up and a big welcome from the Isle of Nottinghamshire! :grin: #upupandaway

Welcome from just up the road from you (Wallsend). Download UAV forecast app and make sure your not near any of the Restricted Airspace for your first flight, HMP Frankland has one.

1 Like