New member from Basingstoke, Hampshire

Hi, sorry should have done this a few weeks ago. I am new to DJI and about a month ago got myself the DJI Mini 2 fly more combo. I am now 50 years old and looking for friends who love drones as well. I am based in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

If anyone knows some good spots around the Basingstoke area that i can fly with no problems please let me know.

Thanks

Murray aka MintyFPV

3 Likes

Hi @mintyfpv and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Great choice on the M2, enjoy it while the weather is still semi reasonable

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi Murray - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Murray, welcome to the forum.

Chris

1 Like

Hi Murray
Welcome to GADC, I live close to Basingstoke and have flown at White Down near Kingsclere, Mapledurwell, Hook, Ellisfield and Cliddesden areas but have had most fun at nearby coastal locations such as Studland, Portsmouth etc.
Basingstoke area has a lot to offer but you can’t beat getting out and about…

1 Like

Hi @mintyfpv

I’m a Basingstoke lad too. There are few of us on here! Welcome to the gang.

Andy.

1 Like

Anyone around Basingstoke/Reading area want to meet up for some flying etc?

Hi @gimbalflight do you ever meet up with the few of us from Basingstoke?

Hi @mintyfpv I’ve not no, but would definitely like to. Do you arrange any dates in advance? If let me know please. Would love to meet up.

Andy.

Hi, right its been 2 years since my last post and i haven’t done any drone flying etc. I have got myself a Mini 3 Pro now and going to try and do this again. Looking for some new friends around me to help me as not too sure about where to fly etc. Also what membership should i go for? BMFA is like £47, FPVUK is £25 and GADC is £16/£25

Welcome back @mintyfpv

A list of our Club membership benefits can be found at: https://dronescene.co.uk/membership#Benefits

Hello. I’m new here too and also in Basingstoke!