New member from Harrogate

Hi,

This is my first HELLO to the club, I was using a dji mini 2 before receiving my dji mini 3 pro with RC controller. No issues so far and if anyone is in the area that wants to meet-up to fly and share experiences.
This is one shot I did this morning using 48mp and vertical camera of the Harrogate Railway Athletics Club:

5 Likes

Hi @dleeming and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Darren welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome Darren to GADC :clap: :clap:

Hi Darren and welcome :+1: :+1:

Hola and welcome, I was born in Starbeck, alas never actually lived in Harrogate, my wife was born in Harrogate too, and her father still lives there, near the Exhibition Centre

Hi and thank you, I used to live in York before moving to Starbeck, I am originally from Gloucestershire and my wife from Siberia. Shame to here of your misfortune with your assault, I can’t understand why people would do such a thing.

Thanks and nor do I, sadly it only started affecting me 5 years later, but that’s life nowt i can do now but learn to live with it :wink:

Hi mate, rob here from around the corner :crazy_face: hopefully get to meet up and get my first flight in soon as heading to Beverley racecourse this weekend.:+1::+1::ninja:

Hi Rob, thanks mate, why Beverly racecourse?

I love to fly at the Great Yorkshire Showground, will be doing next sat when I come to the Motability event at the exhibition centre there

Hello and nice use of the vertical camera to frame a shot…Annoyed when reviewers only mention that this function is good for social media and ignore other creative/practical considerations.

Hi, vertical photography do make life easier to frame that shot, we all do it with our phones or cameras, so why not with the drone?

exactly!!

:scream:

I can hear my old tutor turning in his grave ;o)

there’s always one :grin:

Hi Darren and welcome. :+1:

Thanks Derek

Hi there, because we go to a relatives at Hornsea and it’s great for walking* my 2 dogs. I’m also looking at the crimple viaduct behind sainsburys, I know there’s a lot of acre’s down there. Cheers Robert