New member, from Taunton, saying hello

Hello from Dave near Taunton, Received our Mavic Air a few weeks ago. Now have 3 things to keep a 75 year old busy. Sailing, Caravan and now Drone flying. I say our drone as my wife is keen as well. Hoping for some good weather to start practicing.

5 Likes

Hi Dave / @Moody31 , and proper welcome to GADC here. :+1: :wink:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi Dave ,welcome to our little patch of the “tinternet”.
Ask away your questions, we are fed regularly, and the “Keepers” let us out for a Fly (when weather prevails!)
We are mostly knowledgably Guys who just love having fun with our “Toys”
but, we have some very experienced guys who love a challenging questions that keep our grey matter alive !.
Keep an eye open for a Local Meet up in your area, always nice to put a face to a name !.
You will have great fun with your Drone, some great ideas will almost certainly be around on here, somewhere.
Have a trawl around and get use to the way we like to have a lark, a bit of banter, and more often a great laugh all round !.

1 Like

Welcome to you both Dave @Moody31
You live in a lovely area of the country, looking forward to some of your pictures when you manage to get out

1 Like

Welcome and I fly a Mavic Air as well and love it… look forward to seeing what you produce.

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows Dave @Moody31 :wave:t2:

Be sure to take the drone when you’re out caravanning, I’ve got a motorhome and my Mavic Pro goes with me everywhere!

What type of sites do you stay on? We do a lot of CLs / CSs and I always ask the farmer if I can take off from somewhere in return for me sending them some pics of their site / farm / house, etc. Never had one say no (yet) :+1:t2:

You’ll get some cracking sunrises and sunsets over the countryside :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :wave:

1 Like

Hi Dave, and welcome to the family.

:wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

We normally stay on club sites. Just returned from Lowestoft after 2 weeks. Unable to use Mavic Air as wind very strong, being new to this game a bit nervous over losing it. Yes intend taking it everywhere. Not sure how to use it on our yacht but can all go ashore in dingy.
Regards