New member in Wiltshire

Hello everyone, I have just bought a DJI Mini 2, having just gone down to working 3 days a week I am looking forward to getting some footage around my lovely county. I did take it to the Lake District last week to practice but only had 2 decent flying days but got some great footage and some worthwhile flying practice. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s input.

2 Likes

HI, NEAL G I,M NEW TOO. JUST GOT MY MINI 2 LAST WEEK, NOT FLOWN IT YET. HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK IN KENT. WEATHER PENDING lol .will you be posting your vids here?

1 Like

Hi
Yes I will but need to hone my editing skills a bit first, I only have the editing software in the dji Fly app which is pretty good but i’m still learning. I bought mine just before going to the Lake District last week but we had quite poor weather. I did gets some nice footage of Derwent Water, Keswick and the apartment we were staying in but its a bit clunky, you can see it if you like on my newly populated youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3UAVHgSOpauLpgPow4DMA

Good luck in Kent

Best wishes
Neal

nice vids well done

Hi Neal, welcome to GADC :+1:

I live in Swindon, not a million miles from you. Most of my flights are south of Swindon, as this part of Wiltshire is steeped in history typically with vast open spaces. I have subscribed to your channel, keen to see more videos :clap:

Great, and thanks. Yes I’d like to get some footage of the many white horses when the weather is good enough and we have a few stone circles that are pretty interesting! I’m working on an iPad and Samsung phone at the moment which is tricky given the differing operating systems but I hope to get a decent laptop from father Christmas and ill then get some decent editing software, I’ve heard filmora X is quite good but any suggestions welcome. Need a good photo editing programme as well if filmora doesn’t do that.

1 Like

I use a PC and Filmora X and find it very easy, and it’s free. I have paid for the upgrade to get access to Wondershare, for all the premium intros, titles, transitions, etc. But it is not essential, it comes with plenty of stock items in the free version. They have an iPad version too.

Many others use Adobe Premiere or DaVinci Resolve. I have used the former, which is is very capable, but I doubt is free. The latter I haven’t used, but heard great things.

I use Adobe Photoshop for photo editing, that is quite pricey. A cheaper option is Adobe Photoshop Elements, which is very good too. They have a Android equivelant which is free, but costs to have all the functionality unlocked.

The above is just what I use and is my opinion. Others will be able to chip in and say what’s best for them. Again, I only use a PC for all editing. So if you want advice for editing on mobile devices, there are tons of other members who do that on a daily basis.

Some good info here:

Thanks again
N

1 Like

Hi @NealG and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, I am on the map now, have accessed drone scene and am really enjoying reading the posts, especially the ones about Stonehenge which have clarified some issues around the flying regulations.

1 Like