New member intro - Bristol

Hi all,

Im a new member and a new drone user, I saw this site and thought it looked good and a great place to share and learn.

I have a DJI Mavic Mini and am looking at areas to fly safe with as little problems as possible.

I live in Bristol so any meet-ups or other drone flyers getting together would be great.

Thanks and speak soon.
Johnny

6 Likes

Hi Johnny / @johnnykirkinnes , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

As yet, few of our members own a Mavic Mini - but I’m sure that will be changing quite rapidly.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

(I’ve updated the thread topic to give others a little more of a heads-up. :wink: )

1 Like

Hi there @johnnykirkinnes, welcome, your local to me, I’m down the road near Taunton so if your ever down this way and want a flying buddy give me a shout. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Any good areas down your way mate ?

1 Like

Fair few within an hours drive I’d say,
Quantock hills
Kilve beach is amazing really nice cliffs there,
Wimbleball lake is another good one.

All on google is you’ve got 5 mins to browse :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to grey arrows. Really close to you as I live in yate so a meet up would certainly be possible. Will have to catch up soon weather permitting​:grin::+1:

Ill have a look now mate cheers, we have a camper and holidays soon !

1 Like

Welcome Jonny from Hertfordshire glad to have you on board

Hi Johnny, welcome to the Club, pull on the slippers, pour a “drinky poos” and enlighten your brain to the delights of drone fodder !.

Hi Jonny welcome to GADC

Hi Johnny, welcome from Suffolk.

So glad people are willing to meet up with you!