New member London U.K

Hi ; new member here . Am steve from southgate nth London 61yo guy
New to drones, a beginner . purchase a mavic air last may 2020 and recently mavic Mini
Came on here to find out if I can fly at the three mills studio from the three mills green. bow London . As it seems to be close to London city airport . Looking forward to reading comments about my new hobby. Steve .

3 Likes

Drone Scene is your friend!

Ned

1 Like

I was born in St George’s, Tooting, @Tooting37 :smiley:

Hi from ever so slightly further north now :wave:t2:

As I have a professional interest in knowing where UK film studios are I looked on Dronescene for you. I switched off class D airspace to make the map clearer

The red overlay indicates a zone you cannot fly in. The yellow indicate caution and, in the case of 3 Mills Island reads:

Three Mills Island

Category
Park

Summary
Yellow zones indicate regions where operation of your drone may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.

Pedestrian Hazard
It is likely that members of the public will congregate in and/or around this area. Please be mindful of their safety.

Three Mills Studios have no restriction other than those in the drone code for your qualification and class of aircraft.

The purple is land belonging to the Crown Estate, they allow drone flying as long as you observe the code/

A wider view shows the LCA restriction zone in the bottom right hand corner

TL;DR

Yes, you can

1 Like

Thank you very much . That helpful
Now… under the new rules that came in 31 DEC 2020
i cannot use my Mavic Air … but can use my Mavic mini ?

Steve.

Yes that is correct.