New Pilot From Paignton Devon

I have been a member for a few weeks now and thought it was time I introduced myself so here goes. Hi my name is Dave I am 65 years old and new to drones. I did buy myself my very first drone last Christmas, a Bugs 5w just to see if I like the hobby. Living on the coast I was never afraid to fly this drone over the cliffs to get the shots I wanted.

I was looking to upgrade and was considering buying either the Hudsan Zino or Fimi x8.
A few months ago Argos were selling the Mavic Pro flymore bundle for ÂŁ799 and I bought one and gave the other drone to a friend. Sadly I have not been able to be as brave with the Mavic as I was with the Bugs 5w and I am not getting the best out of it.

I know I have to overcome my unnecessary fears and will work on that once we start getting some better weather here in the UK

1 Like

Welcome to GADC Dave, from a very wet and windy N. E. Lincs.

Hello and welcome from South Wales.

A big welcome Dave from another Dave of 63 bought my first drone back in August and I still get vertigo when I go up 120 meters I also have a Mavic pro bought second hand on eBay and loving it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to GADC Dave hope that you find it useful

Welcome Dave @Davesworld
Mavic Pro is a great piece of kit, am sure you will soon be flying over the cliffs, weather permitting

Hi Dave @Davesworld and a belated welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1:t2: - How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome once again!

Hi many thanks for the welcomes and I look forward to learning so much from you all. I am not one just to ask questions as I know If I look hard enough the answers will be on here somewhere, but rest assured I will ask if I can’t find the answer. Like most fed up with this weather right now and hope it improves soon.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, Dave, hope you find it to be useful I know that I certainly do